Victory and defeat

You and Regulus stood outside the door of one of the Quidditch stadium's changing rooms, and had been looking at the closed door for a few seconds now. "She's not going to like you being here," you sighed, unlocking arms with him. 

"Don't even mention it," Regulus huffed, leaning on a post next to the door for support. "I can already hear Lucinda's scolding echoing in my ears."

"Yet we're still going in?" you smirked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Of course we are," he returned the expression.

You nodded determinedly and turned the handle, pushing the door open and walking inside the changing room with Regulus following behind. The sound you two had made had caught the attention of the team, who turned around to face your direction. 

"Hi," you waved awkwardly, stepping to the side so Regulus could lock arms with you again to walk better.

"What are you two doing here?" Lucinda, who was the only one standing up, said as she crossed her arms, staring at Regulus. "Black, are you delaying your recovery on purpose, or are you just really stubborn? You should be resting. It's only been a week since your fall." 

"I knew this was coming," he shook his head. "I'm already not playing, at least let me stay for the briefing."

"The briefing is almost over," the captain pinched the bridge of her nose. "(Y/n), why are you helping him damage his injured body even more? Black, you can't even stand up on your own, much less walk, so now that you're both here, take a seat, I guess."

You and Regulus looked at each other with triumphant eyes, and you helped him comfortably rest on one of the benches before sitting next to him. "Okay, I'll wrap this up," Lucinda clapped her hands once, getting the attention of the team once more. "All in all, Rosier, this is your first match as a regular seeker, so do your best. All of you, remember that James Potter and Sirius Black have the newest brooms on the market. Don't know how they got them, but they did. Don't be intimidated, but keep an extra eye out for them."

You cleared your throat to prevent choking on air at her words. They'll never know it was me. There's no need for them to know I bought those brooms, you thought nervously as Regulus glared at you with a confused look.

The technical briefing was over, but no one moved from their place, and an odd silence settled in the changing room. Usually, the team would be fired up right before a match, but not today. Everyone was looking at the captain, who had closed her eyes.

"This is it. The last match of the Inter-House Cup," Lucinda took in a deep breath, slowly opening her eyes to look at everyone's faces. "This would be the time for my captain speech, wouldn't it? Get you all fired up and all... But I don't know what to say this time."

Now that, was out of the ordinary. Of course, you and everyone else had a clear idea of why Lucinda was speechless. "This is it," she repeated. "Not only is it the last official match of the year, but it's also our last game as the team we are today.

"Alban, Adelaide, and I. We're seventh years. It was going to happen, we all knew that, but now it's actually happening," the captain said, pacing around in place. "This is our last official game here at Hogwarts."

Everyone on the benches looked uncomfortable and sad, especially the other two seventh years. You felt an odd pressure in your chest as well. You'd only been with the team as an unofficial member for a couple of months and already felt like this, you didn't want to imagine how everyone else did.

"My team... My prideful and amazing team," Lucinda smiled. "Being your captain is the best thing that's happened to me over my seven years here at Hogwarts. This team is my pride and joy, and there's no one I'd rather play this last game at Hogwarts with than you all. This is my last official captain speech, so I want to end it by saying that no matter the outcome of today's match, and of the whole Inter-House Cup, I'm glad I get to play it with everyone."