Quidditch equipment

You twiddled your thumbs and dusted off your clothes, which didn't have a single particle of dust on them, but you did it anyway. You had found out this morning that your parents had returned to the (l/n) Estate yesterday late at night, having to cut short their business trip in Canada because of the upcoming wedding. 

Just an hour of notice before seing them... that's not enough. I need to be mentally prepared to face them for whatever reason, you sighed as a soft knock came at your door before it opened.

"Miss (y/n), breakfast is ready," Mildred said, slightly bowing her head forward. "Mr. and Mrs. are already in the dining room. It is best to not keep them waiting."

"Right. Let's not waste any time then," you mumbled, heading out of your room with the handmaiden following behind. "...So they wanted to eat breakfast with me?"

"Yes, miss (y/n)," she confirmed. "I'm not one to say, but I believe they have some things to discuss with you, especially with the wedding for the Malfoy and Black families coming in a week."

Of course, why else? you thought as you stopped in front of the large doors of the dining room. "Do I really have to go in?"

"Miss (y/n)!" Mildred slightly gasped. "...I understand you might not be looking forward to it, but it's the first time Mr., Mrs., and you eat breakfast together in a while. Please think of that. It's not difficult to at least try to make it enjoyable in some way."

"I guess," you shrugged, walking into the large room as Claude opened the doors on the other side.

Your parents were seated at the far edge of the long table, with your father in the host seat and your mother to his right. Oh, how I miss sitting there in Laurier Chateau... I felt so powerful, you thought as you took a seat in front of your mother.

"Good morning, (y/n)," she said before sipping tea from her usual porcelain cup.

"Good morning, mother, father," you replied insensitively, noticing Mildred with a hopeful look across the room. "...I heard the business trip was successful."

"Yes, very," your father cleared his throat, giving his Daily Prophet to Claude. "How was Laurier Chateau? You went with Regulus Black, did you not?"

"Yes, father," you nodded as the food was served. "It was very pleasant. Regulus is excellent company."

"That's good," your mother intervened. "Having connections with the Black family is advantageous. Make sure to keep your friendship strong for years to come, it's important."

"I plan on it." You slightly raised an eyebrow. Friendship, huh? I'm surprised she didn't mention anything about an arranged marriage. Not complaining, though.

"About Regulus, Claude has told me you are going to Diagon Alley with him today," your father commented. "Why is that? Are you buying your Hogwarts supplies early, (y/n)?"

"Not exactly, father. He's accompanying me to get Quidditch equipment."

"Quidditch equipment?" he repeated. "Are you planning to join the Slytherin team for your last year?"

"The team held a tryout for me a few months ago," you explained. "I'll be a Slytherin chaser when I go back to Hogwarts."

"(Y/n), you never told us about that," your mother hummed before eating.

Obviously, because we haven't seen each other in all of summer and we never send owls when I'm at Hogwarts except if it's for something important. You looked down at your food. "Forgive me, I hadn't found an opportunity to mention it."