New year ball

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

After two months of Hiatus, from July to September 2021, I am finally back to Wattpad with new chapters!

I am so glad to have returned, you have no idea how much I missed writing new chapters and updating every week. As much as I didn't like it, I feel that taking this break was the right thing to do.

The Project also hit 500k+ reads over my time of inactivity... I don't know what to say other than thank you. You're all so amazingly out of this world, and I'm so thankful for everyone who reads this story :)

I also want to thank many of you for being so patient with this, and assuring me that you'd wait for me and the next update. This chapter is for you <3

Without further ado, enjoy the return of The Project

☆☆☆

The last day of the year of 1977 had finally arrived, and all of Hogwarts was filled with excitement about the grand party that would be held in the Great Hall for the large number of students who had stayed back for winter break.

Sirius being himself had told you he'd take care of getting you an outfit which would match his for this occasion. He had also made it clear he would not tell you what it would be until this night and assured you it would be the most stunning piece of clothing you would lay eyes on. 

He wasn't wrong. Somehow, Sirius had been able to get for you a black turtleneck jumpsuit and a modern outerwear corset, both sets made from one of the most beautiful fabrics you had ever seen.

"So, what do you think?" Sirius smirked as he stepped out from behind a folding screen.

You two had found the room of requirement before the party, which was the perfect place to change and style each other to match perfectly. He had found it fairly easy, and you knew that even if you asked how he probably wouldn't tell you.

"You look... very beautiful," you smiled, trying to fix the corset around your rib area. "I can't believe you got such stunning matching outfits in so little time. How'd you do it?"

"Now, that's a secret, my love," he chuckled, turning around in front of a mirror a few times to get every angle of himself. "I look bloody beautiful indeed."

"Don't get too cocky, you're not stealing the spotlight tonight," you rolled your eyes.

"True enough, because you look absolutely breathtaking," Sirius said, looking back at you with the most caring eyes. "Do you need help with that?"

You looked down at yourself and the struggle you had been going through to fix the corset for a few minutes before nodding and turning around so Sirius could tie it better at the back. You could feel his warm breath on the back of your neck as he moved the corset a bit so it was comfortably wrapped around you before tightening the lace at the back slightly. 

Even when he was done, Sirius didn't move, but his hands did slide to your waist as he neared his face to yours from behind. "Did you do that on purpose, (y/n)?" he whispered into your ear, sending shivers down your spine.

"...I genuinely needed help," you took a sharp breath to try and conceal how his actions were making you feel.

Soft lips touched the back of your neck softly. Once, twice, and a few times more. You stiffened at the touch and turned your neck to the side slightly to leave it more exposed. "Don't you dare leave marks," you warned, slightly frowning.