Acquaintances

Sirius raised one of his eyebrows in confusion and leaned back against his chair, looking at you surprised. " Trolley guy?" He repeated. " I've been called better names, like hot stuff, or se-." He let his cocky grin form on his face, recovering his typical ladies man aura. You rolled your eyes and interrupted him. " I. Don't. Really. Care." You muttered with a pause between each words. " How people call you is really the least of my concerns at the moment, and in general."

Sirius blew away a strand of his wild hair and his smile disappeared. " Rude. Either way, you're the one that called me ' Trolley guy'." He mocked. " Why, actually? It's peaked my curiosity." 

You tried to hold a layer of embarrassment blush from settling on your cheeks before sighing, " Don't you remember? I don't feel like repeating it..." You huffed as Sirius shook his head. " At King's Cross. I almost ran into you with my trolley. I recognize your eyes." 

Sirius looked content by your answer, as he winked at you. " Recognize my eyes? My, my, aren't you a flirt?" He said in a devilish tone. 

" Shut it, Black." You coldly shot back as you took your potion's textbook and flipped through the pages. " What are we going to do?" You asked him, not looking away from the notebook. " I mean, what am I going to do." You corrected yourself sarcastically, emphasizing the 'I'. 

" Pardon?" Sirius questioned.

 " I just suppose you won't do any of the work, but Slughorn still has to believe we're both working on the project together." You clarified. " You think I won't work on it with you?" He asked you in a tone of disbelief.

" Well, yeah." You closed the textbook, looking straight into his eyes. " You're Sirius Black. I'd rather trust myself with the project than anyone else, if I'm being honest. It's nothing personal, really. Plus, don't you have better things to do than work on a potion's project? Like snogging half on Hogwarts maybe?" You scoffed sarcastically. 

" Man, it pains me you think I'm a man slut." Sirius dramatically said, placing a hand on his heart. You rolled your eyes and shake your head. 

" Never said that." You scoffed. 

" Yeah, but you thought it." He replied in a muffle, actually sounding a little bit hurt by your words. You didn't really know what to do in this situation, so you turned to look at Regulus and how he was doing. 

Reggie seems fine. Can't say the same about his partner, you told yourself, looking at how the blonde short boy from Gryffindor: Peter Pettigrew looked like he was going to have a panic attack and faint at any second. Regulus also turned around and you both locked eyes for a couple seconds, before he nodded slightly and looked back at his textbook. 

" My brother." You heard Sirius say, which took you out of your distraction as you turned swiftly to look back at him and sit properly on your chair. " Hm?" You mouthed. " How's he doing? How's Regulus?" Sirius asked in a very serious tone, a little sadness spread around his handsome features. 

" Ummm. I guess he's doing okay? How would I know?" You nervously stuttered. 

" 'Cause you're always around him. Saw you talking to him earlier." Sirius muttered. " Well, Reggie's not one to talk about his feelings." You huffed. 

" Reggie..." Sirius whispered to himself, but you had heard, but decided to not say anything about it, knowing the separation had been tough for both brothers even if they didn't like to admit it as much. 

" Black. Project ideas, now?" You asked him, trying to get both your minds as far from that sensible subject as possible. " Right. So, we've got to make a complex potion?" He asked, obviously clueless of what the project consisted of.

 " I guess you can put it that way. Either way, don't worry about it. I said I'd do it." You told him, skimming through the potion's glossary. 

" No, let me help." Sirius said. " ( Y/n) (l/n ), I will make it my personal mission to prove to you that: 1. I can do this project partnered with you, distributing the work equally, and 2. that I am not a man slut." He stated confidently, and a little too loudly, standing up, causing a couple of students to turn your way.

You buried your face inside your hands in embarrassment and grumbled. " Black, sit back down." You muttered through gritted teeth. " As I was saying: project ideas." You repeated as Sirius sat back down. 

" Animagus potion." He stated. 

" What?!" 

" Yes, Animagus potion." Sirius repeated.

You rolled your eyes, " Black, we need something doable. Plus, if something goes wrong and someone accidently drinks it, they could have permanent half human half animal mutations. We would probably get expelled." You explained in annoyance. 

" Professor Slughorn! Sir!" Sirius almost yelled across the classroom to where the professor was, and he came striding towards you. " Me and (y/n) have decided to do the Animagus potion." He stated with a big grin, as you could only stare in disbelief with your eyes widened at what this dimwit was doing. 

" Fantastic! I love it when pupils take on a challenge like this one! I trust in your ability (y/n), that this potion will turn out great. Hopefully." Slughorn said addressing to you as you faked a smile. " Of course sir."

When Slughorn made his way to the table with Lily and Xenophilius, you took the chance to smack Sirius on the head. " Hey, what the hell?!" He shrieked, patting his hair and trying to rearrange it back to its normal position. 

" What's wrong with you?!" You almost yelled. " We never agreed on anything! This is so unfair, Black!"

Sirius rolled his eyes at you. " Chill, ( l/n). You heard what Slughorn said: he trusts your abilities." He mocked. " What is it? Are you backing down of this challenge? Man, guess you aren't as good as everyone thinks."

" I despise you, Sirius Black." You scoffed. 

" No, no you don't." Sirius said as his typical cocky grin showed on his face.