Touch starved

THIS FELT LIKE FOREVER

 But I've returned once again with new updates for The Project!! I'm aiming to finish seventh year in the next month-ish

Quick observation, it's also been around 2 years since I started writing this... wow????

So like some of my schoolmates found and are reading my stories and now I'm in a constant state of fear... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, IF YOU READ THIS DELETE WATTPAD AND GO WORK ON YOUR OWN PROJECTS <3

Again, thank you for dealing with me and my constant breaks, you guys are the best :)

A N Y W A Y S

I hope you enjoy what's on the menu for this long chapter. Bon appetit.

☆☆☆

The Marauders, Lily, and you had gathered in the dungeon's dark dueling room on a cloudy afternoon, choosing to take a break from technical knowledge and focus on magic performance. Lately, it wasn't often that all six of you weren't busy at the same time, and even if opportunities like this would still be spent studying for the N.E.W.Ts, it was more enjoyable to do it as part of the advanced study group.

"This is our last session, so let's make it count," Peter said as he took out his wand and paired up with Lily. 

Sirius jolted towards you and clung to your arm like a desperate child before either James or Remus had time to partner with you. "I am gatekeeping." He scowled as he pulled you towards the furthest corner of the dueling room.

"What's up with you?" you asked as you crossed your arms. 

"What? It's been so long since we've spent time together, not getting my daily dose of (y/n) really takes a toll on me," Sirius sighed dramatically. "How do you expect me to do well in the N.E.W.Ts?"

You rolled your eyes and looked down to hide a small smile before looking back at him with your wand raised. "Well, by practicing, of course."

He frowned at you and took out his wand as well, shifting his weight from one leg to the other before casting Deprimo towards the ground under you. Out of pure luck, you were able to avoid falling into the hole the spell had created, and as you fell back, you backfired with Lacarnum Inflamari to cause a distraction by lighting Sirius' cloak on fire.

It didn't take long for Sirius to surpass your spell, and he wasted no time to attack with yet another strong spell, which would have hit you directly if you hadn't countered with Protego at the last second.

By getting on the defensive, you had started closing the distance between the two of you, deeming it was the smartest thing to do to stop Sirius from using destructive spells since they would occur too close to him. He stumbled backward as you kept approaching him before tripping on his untied shoelace and falling abruptly.

Lowering your wand, you crouched in front of him, examining his features. "Are you not getting enough sleep? Your performance is a bit sloppy. You're usually a lot quicker to react."

"The amount of sleep I'm getting is not the problem," Sirius said as he covered his face with his free hand to hide his red cheeks. "...I'm afraid I can't focus when you wear such an expression on your face after I haven't seen you in some time, (y/n)."

"Oh, really?" you smirked, leaning your head closer. "And what expression might that be?"

As you finished your sentence, Sirius wrapped his arms around your waist and flipped you around to pin you against the ground. "Will you let yourself be swept off your feet against an opponent like this?"