Future aspirations

"Oi (y/n)! What took you so long?" James called out, as he was the first to notice you at the door of the cabin. 

"You said you wouldn't take long," Sirius sighed, crossing his arms. "I feel betrayed."

"I know it's a lot to ask from you, but don't be so dramatic," you smirked. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

"We were starting to bet on whether the Hogwarts Express had left without you or not," Remus said, scooting over to make you space so you could sit next to Sirius. "You owe me three galleons, James."

"The odds were against me!" he grumbled, handing Remus the money. 

"You chose to bet on that," Lily shook her head before leaning it on James' shoulder. "Everyone else knew she'd make it. She's (y/n) (l/n), after all."

"Thank you, I'm flattered Lily," you tittered. 

"What took you that much time, anyway?" Sirius asked, taking your hand in his before rubbing his thumb against your palm in small circles. 

"A friend of mine found me. We talked for a while."

"You have friends other than us and Regulus?" James gasped sarcastically. "No way, really?"

"You're asking to be hexed before we get to Hogwarts," you frowned. "I can use magic inside the Hogwarts Express. I won't hesitate."

"Please don't get us involved in that," Peter sighed. "I wouldn't want to wake up like last time, absolutely soaked."

"Right! I still can't forgive you for ruining my hair like that!" Sirius exclaimed, letting go of your hand. 

"That was more than half a year ago, for Salazar's sake!" you grumbled. "And I don't regret it."

"More than half a year ago..." Remus repeated. "That long? It's really been that long?"

"Of course, Moony." James pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "We're on our way to start our last year at Hogwarts, after all. It has been that long."

"That's a little scary to think about... after all, the wizarding world's at war," Peter gulped, gripping onto his robes.

"That's exactly why I know what I'm going to do after Hogwarts," Sirius exclaimed proudly. "I'm joining the Order of the Phoenix!"

"The Order of the Phoenix? You mean that rumored group of wizards supposedly founded by headmaster Dumbledore who defy he who must not be named?" You raised an eyebrow. "You seem awfully determined to join such a secretive group."

"Well, we did talk about the future over summer, and we all decided we wanted to help end this war, since we'll soon be exposed to it," Lily explained. "We're all going to join the order after Hogwarts. The rumors have to be true. I mean, it's impossible that the ministry is fighting he who must not be named alone.."

"...All of you?" you repeated. "It's not very safe, I hope you're all aware of the risks."

"Of course we know the risks," James nodded. "But everyone in the wizarding world is in danger in some way. I can't imagine myself just being on the sidelines hoping for the dark lord to be defeated."

"James, you shouldn't talk so freely about that. You don't know who the people who work for him are," you warned. 

"I trust that all of you here in this cabin aren't supporters of that dark wizard," he cleared his throat. "Right?"

"Of course, Prongs," Sirius intervened. "Don't doubt (y/n). She's just worried about us taking this decision. I'm curious, love, will  you also join the Order of the Phoenix with us and fight against his followers and the dark lord himself?"