The revival of an old rivalry

"It's bloody cold!" Ansel exclaimed, jogging around in a small circle. "Why couldn't we do this indoors?!"

"Does it seem right to introduce the new members of the Slytherin team somewhere other than the Quidditch field?" Regulus asked, and the chaser remained silent. "Thought so."

Without warning, you took out your wand and pointed it at Ansel, casting a heating charm on him. "May I ask why you didn't do that on your own before? You're a seventh year, you should be able to cast a heating charm with no problem."

"Well, I didn't think I would need one. It's usually not this cold in October," Ansel defended, leaning against his broom. "Didn't plan on staying this long outside either. Where are those novices, anyway?"

"Arriving on time," Dustan added as the group of accepted applicants walked into the field. "We were here early."

"Why?"

"For professionalism, Ansel. Are you familiar with that term?" Regulus huffed with sarcasm, straightening his Quidditch robe as he walked to the front of your group to meet with the newcomers. 

Ansel looked dumbfounded for a second before leaning towards you with a frown. "Does he not care that I'm his upperclassman?" he grumbled. "Does he even notice?"

"He's Regulus Black, what do you think?" you held in a laugh and walked towards the captain with your fellow chaser.

"Out of the nine applicants, only two made it to the team. Dante Dovetail and Agatha Nott, you've proven your skill and are now official beater and keeper for Slytherin," he introduced, pointing at the two of them. "Ambrose, go get their robes and brooms. They should be in the storage room. We'll have our first practice as this new team, you two, don't make us regret selecting you."

Dante and Agatha nodded in sync without saying a word. At first glance, it was surprising that Agatha was the beater and Dante the keeper, and not the other way around. He had a strong and tall physique, while she looked more agile and frail. 

"I'm glad there's another girl on the team now," you called out, heading towards Agatha. 

"You're (y/n) (l/n)!" she exclaimed, tensing up. "Oh Merlin, I- you're actually talking to me."

"Don't feel intimidated," you smiled at her, offering your hand which she shook with enthusiasm. "We're teammates now. I'll make sure to be a dependable upperclassman."

"You mean we'll make sure," Dustan intervened as he and Ansel stopped next to you. "After all, I'm the other beater."

Ansel threw an arm over Dante's shoulders, which forced the taller keeper to bow slightly. "Don't think we've forgotten about you, Dovetail! You might be the keeper, but we chasers will make sure a fledgling like you will not be left behind!"

"I'm only a year younger," he cleared his throat as the chaser let go of him. 

"That still makes us your upperclassmen," Ansel shrugged, "and the Slytherin team has the coolest, most badass upperclassmen there is."

"After hearing that, also the most self-absorbed, apparently," Regulus said, walking up from behind the chaser. 

"Oi, respect your elders, captain!"

"Since when did you become so eccentric, Ansel?" Evan raised an eyebrow, following behind Regulus. 

He smirked, pointing at himself with pride. "Since Lucinda passed down that role to me." 

"She did not. You're just jealous our former captain passed her legacy onto (y/n)," Dustan tittered. 

"Salazar! That is so not true and you know it, Dustan!" Ansel exclaimed. "The audacity to emb-"