Jealous

Potion's class was going by in a jiffy, time always seemed to go so fast when you were doing something happily, and that was the case for this class. You barely saw the time go by, as you worked with Sirius, planning out the potion, and of course, the study sessions. For the first time since the start of the project, you had a good feeling about it, and you knew Sirius did too. 

" Time flies, doesn't it, ( l/n)?" He mentioned, looking at the clock. 

You took a glance at it too and your eyes widened. " Class is over? Already?" You said in disbelief, shaking your head. You started to take your notebooks and quill to put back into your bag, knowing Slughorn would dismiss the class soon. " I can't believe it. I actually spent a whole class without yelling at you." You laughed, and Sirius did too.

" I mean, you kind of did yell at me at the beginning of class, but, hey: no hard feelings." He mocked with his typical grin and you rolled your eyes. 

" Of course, of course, Black." You sighed playfully. 

" It's actually very odd, if you think about it..." Sirius trailed off, his eyes wondering across the classroom's roof. He had randomly spoken, as if he had a little conversation with himself in his mind, and the last thought had escaped his mouth. 

" Pardon?" You asked, not knowing what was going on. 

He turned back to look at you and smiled, " oh? Nothing. I was just saying how odd it felt to not be hateful towards each other for once." He said. You nodded in agreement. " Don't get used to it." You mocked, and Sirius' smile disappeared. 

" Why not?" He asked, as you stood up, Slughorn had told the students they could go. 

" Relax, I was joking." You reassured him, but his typical grin still wasn't on his face. 

" Of course. I knew that." Sirius stated, looking a little uncomfortable. " So... study session, tomorrow before dinner?" He asked nervously, which was very unlike him. 

" Yes. and if you don't show up, I swear I'll somehow break into the Gryffindor tower and pull you by the ears to the library." You threatened, half playful, half warning him. 

" Yes ma'am." Sirius laughed, standing as straight as a soldier. " And don't be annoying, Black. I'm warning you." You added, a little frown on your face. 

" When am I ever annoying?" He laughed, swinging his bag over his shoulder, walking over to the other three Marauders at the door of the classroom, waiting on him. " When are you ever not?" You huffed with a hint of amusement in your voice.

" See you around, (l/n)." Sirius hummed and waved slightly at you.

You rolled your eyes, " Hopefully not, Black." You shot back with a scoff, turning on your heels to head towards Regulus, who's eyes followed Sirius' wild hair as he and his friends walked out the classroom laughing and being very loud.

" Ah, Reggie-" You began saying with a smile, but stopped talking once you saw the frown and the look of disgust on his face. " What's wrong?"

" You seem to be getting awfully well along with my brother." He spat angrily, locking eyes with you. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at your friend in disbelief. " Really, Regulus? You're going to go down that path?" You sighed annoyingly. 

The raven haired boy ignored your comment and pushed his way past you, heading out of the classroom in silence. 

You turned on your heels swiftly and grabbed the strap of your bag so it wouldn't slip off your shoulders and followed Regulus, who already had the upper hand for being further away into the hallway of the dungeons. 

Rolling your eyes, you jogged towards him and tugged on his robes, but he only brushed your arm off, still ignoring you. " You've got to be kidding me. Why are you acting like such a child, for Merlin's sake!" You shrieked, and he stopped walking, still having his back towards you.

" You really have no idea, do you?" He spat, turning around. " Why are you still here, (y/n)? Go talk to someone like my brother instead." Regulus began walking away, heading towards the common room, for sure, but you stopped him, grabbing his wrist.

 " Reggie. Stop." You insisted, tugging on his arm until he eventually stopped walking. " What has gotten into you, hm?" You asked your best friend, holding eye contact. 

Regulus rolled his eyes and shook you hand off his wrist, but didn't leave. " What's gotten into me? What's gotten into you, ( l/n)?" He asked sarcastically. " Hanging out with a blood traitor?! An embarrassment to the Black family, and the sacred twenty nine?! That's what's gotten into me! The thought of you ever doing that!" He said angrily, his tone getting louder.

" What? I'm wasn't hanging out with anyone, Regulus! And even if I was, what's the problem with that?! Can't I have other acquaintances? Plus, you're brother and I are working on a school project! We can't work if we're mad at each other!" You rambled, and raised your eyebrows in surprise. " Wait... Regulus... Are you jealous?!" You shrieked in disbelief.

Regulus took a step back and an expression of confusion and disgust drew on his face. " Jealous? Are you mad? W- why would I be jealous? Of this situation specifically." 

You looked at him skeptically, " I'm not kidding, Regulus. Are you insecure that me and... Sirius start to get along?" You asked, wanting to know why Regulus was acting that way.

" I'm not insecure." He assured with an eye roll. " I just know he isn't someone to be around. I also believe your parents wouldn't like the idea of you hanging out with a blood traitor." He spat, trying to hide his sneer.

Your mouth slightly parted in a saddened awe. " Regulus... Is that a threat? You wouldn't tell them... Would you?"

His facial expression also seemed to sadden a little bit when you questioned his loyalty to your friendship, because telling your parents you were getting along with the heir of the Black family that had turned his back against the pureblood traditions would only lead you to trouble. In the back of your head, you could already hear the yelling of your father if he ever heard. 

" Of course I wouldn't. You're my friend. How can you assume such a thing?" Regulus asked, almost as if he wanted you to feel bad for saying that. You knew Regulus also felt guilty to have threatened you over something like the situation you both found yourselves in. 

" I apologize for doubting your loyalty and friendship." You muttered through gritted teeth, expecting him to also say sorry for acting like such a jerk, but the apology never came. You chapped your lips together and shook you head. 

" With all that said, don't wait for me to go to the great hall for dinner tonight." You huffed, brushing your way past your best friend in annoyance. How could he not apologize?! You shrieked mentally. 

This was such a useless argument! Over something so insignificant. You shook your head, the stress had installed a throbbing sensation in your head you knew could only go away with the help of reading. 

Off to the library I go, then. You sighed. It hadn't been your plan to skip dinner, since you were hungry, but you weren't up for Regulus' drama, so you headed there without another word said.