McGonagall's office

The cold night had ended, and the five of you had returned to the warmth of Hogwarts castle in a hurry. You were all worn out, covered in dust and fur. Even Sirius didn't look very decent coming out of the Forbidden Forest.

This has not been my best night for sure, you sighed, wrapping a blanket around you as you scooted closer to the warm fireplace in McGonagall's office. 

Sirius took a seat next to you after he had finished taking all of the leaves and twigs out of his hair and had tied it back before leaning his forehead on your shoulder, letting out an exasperated cry. "Don't look at me, (y/n). I'm horrid! My charming demeanor is ruined!"

You let out a small laugh and slid your arm over his shoulders, patting his back. "You look better than all of us right now, if that brings you any reassurance."

"Hate to admit that's true," Remus grumbled. "It's really not fair. What's up with your genetics?"

"I'm just pretty like that." He shrugged, nuzzling his face in the crook of your neck. 

"Pretty conceited is what you are." James rolled his eyes as he pulled a blanket over Peter's shoulders while he slept. 

Siris flipped a loose strand of his hair over his shoulders before leaning on yours once more, hugging you from the side. "How lucky am I? I got to spend the whole night cuddling you and now I get to do it in the morning too," he whispered.

"I would've preferred it in a different situation," you chuckled before lifting your head. "Do any of you have an idea of when professor McGonagall will return?"

"She left in such a hurry when we arrived here, I wasn't able to understand where she was going." Remus shook his head. "I assume we're supposed to wait for her return."

"At least she left blankets," James hummed as he covered his head with one.

The door of the office swung open, and the five of you looked expectantly, but it wasn't McGonagall. Another professor stood under the doorframe, looking back at all of you with worry before his eyes indefinitely set on Remus. "You're finally back," Marco let out a shaky breath as he pinched the bridge of his nose, stepping into the office.

"Marco? What're you doing here?" 

"I was worried." He smiled. "A quote by Roman philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca is befitting. Errare humanum est, 'to err is human'. This goes beyond what I thought would be a rightful punishment for a mere incident."

"Of course it wasn't rightful." You nodded. "Everything about it sounds illegal. Sending students to the Forbidden Forest alone for a whole night? I-L-L-E-G-A-L."

"When I heard what you five would have to do because of what happened with those Pixies, I tried to go after you in the forest, but I was forbidden from interfering with your detention," Marco said. "I tried convincing them that it was best for your safety, but headmaster Dumbledore turned down my request."

"We managed just fine on our own," Remus scoffed as he looked away from the door.

"What happened to you?" Marco avoided his harsh comment. "You didn't have that scratch on your cheek before."

"Just a branch. Nothing you should concern yourself over."

You looked at the professor pitifully as he lowered his hand that was reaching out to Remus before standing up and heading towards the door. "He likes you, but you've hurt him," you whispered so only he could hear. "Please keep the promise you made to Remus. So that he'll only be hurt for the next four months and then never again."

Marco nodded in silence and took a step back. "...I'll let the five of you recover. Forgive me for intruding without thinking you need to rest."

As Marco closed the door behind him, you sat back next to Sirius with a sigh and leaned your head against his in silence. He grabbed your hand and stroke his thumb on your palm before kissing your forehead without saying a single word.

"Remus, you're usually so restless when it comes to Marco. Did I miss anything?" James cleared his throat.

Sirius and you glanced at each other discretely before shrugging at James' question. It was difficult to have to pretend you didn't know about what had happened between the two werewolves back in January, especially because you were painfully aware that Remus was shouldering all that on his own.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired." He waved off the comment and rested his eyes. "None of us slept very well."

"I didn't sleep at all," you commented in hopes of changing the mood in the room. 

"You didn't?" Sirius gasped as he cupped your cheeks. "That won't do! Why're you here and not in your dorm sleeping?!"

"Because Filch explicitly told us to go straight to professor McGonagall's office. I really don't want to get in trouble, in case you didn't know."

"We can cover for you!" James exclaimed before Remus smacked his head for being too loud around Peter who was still sound asleep. "...McGonagall will understand. It's not like you did anything in the first place."

"And yet I still ended up in detention." You crossed your arms. "She should be back soon, right? I can just wait."

"No, you cannot 'just wait'." Sirius shook his head and pulled the blanket away from you. "(Y/n) (L/n), I will carry you and throw you out of this office if I have to."

The both of you stared down at each other menacingly in tense silence, determined to stand your grounds. "I might be sleep deprived but mark my words I can beat you to a pulp," you scoffed. 

Sirius frowned and leaned towards you until you could feel his breath against your ear lobe. "If you don't go, I'll be sure to tell everyone what we did in the Room of Requirements with detail."

"You wouldn't," you gasped, pushing him away.

"Try me." He smirked. "What? You think I won't tell my best mates about something I'm proud of? I can even do it if I'm ridden to a hospital bed, mind you."

"I'll cast Silencio on you."

"Anyone skilled can reverse that spell."

"I'll put you under the Imperio curse and order you not to say a word," you threatened.

"You'd go to Azkaban," Sirius pointed out. "All you have to do is go sleep in your dorm. How tough can that be?"

You glared at him for a few seconds before standing up and walking towards the door of McGonagall's office. "Sirius, you've been warned. Not. a. word."

"I'm hurt you thought I'd actually blackmail you. My lips are sealed," he called out with a big grin. "Please get some rest, love."

"Oi, but now I want to know what you said!" James exclaimed as you closed the door of the office before he could hold you back and insist.

It was a good thing it was early on a weekend because there was no chance you'd run into any student on your way to the Slytherin common room. Definitely not my proudest moment, you yawned, dragging your feet down the stairs.

You made sure to make no sound as you stepped into the dark Slytherin common room, which was empty- as expected. Your dormmates were sound asleep, warmly tucked in their beds. You glared at them with envy as you closed the door of the lavatory to take a shower before going to bed.

"I swear I'm going to make those four go under an Unbreakable Vow to stay out of trouble, or at least keep me out of it."

☆☆☆AUTHOR NOTE☆☆☆

Remco Remco Remco Remco Remco Remco </3

And as stated in this chapter, five more months (story-wise) for seventh year to be over. THEN IT'S POST-HOGWARTS. Please enjoy the chapters they have left in the safety and comfort of Hogwarts. I shall say no more.

Lmao rip aerophysics I've given up before even starting.

Shit ending? Shit ending.

-Camille