Plans

" Again with the insults, I see." Sirius smirked with a cocky expression on his face. Your cheeks turned a deep shade of red as he seemed unaffected by your snarky comments that usually resulted in a roast battle between the two. 

" Of course. My lovely personality isn't going anywhere soon." You replied just as boldly and over confident. 

" I have to agree, your personality is lovely." He nodded in agreement, which made you blush a little bit. " Are you alright?" Sirius asked, noticing you had looked away from him, which was due to your flushed face. 

" Yeah. I just- I'm still not able to process that we literally well, you know... kissed like, not even five minutes ago." You cleared your throat, becoming very awkward all of a sudden. 

" Well, you best believe it, because we did." Sirius grinned goofily, like he was extremely happy with the outcome of the situation, which you were as well. 

" Easy for you to say so casually, 'Mr. Hogwarts' heartthrob'. You've got experience with these sorts of situations, unlike me." You mocked, furrowing your eyebrows.

" Maybe so, and I hate to admit this, but I was actually panicking like crazy." He cleared his throat. Obviously, he didn't want you to know that, but you were glad he had been honest. "I almost backed down from making the first move because I was so nervous."

" Well, I uh- I'm glad you didn't let your nervousness beat you." You said with a grip of courage. If he had been honest, you would as well. 

" Yeah, me too." Sirius smiled your way, which you returned. " I'm really glad I didn't, (y/n)."

" You've rarely called me that." You pointed out, feeling how odd yet very nice it felt for him to call you by your first name now instead of the typical nemeses last name calling. 

" Would you like me to keep calling you (l/n)?" He teased. " No... Not really." You cleared your throat. " Now that I think about it, last time you called me (y/n) was at the black lake."

" Yes, I remember perfectly. You said I had nice eyes." Sirius chuckled at the thought. 

" Well, you do." You defended. " Not my fault genetics worked in your favor."

He laughed at your comment and passed his hand through his neatly combed hair, where more rebellious strands had fallen out of his man bun. " Talking about the black lake." Sirius grumbled, his voice becoming more stern as he furrowed his eyebrows. " I'm going to need your help hexing James."

" What'd he do this time?" You asked, confused. " And how does it have to do with the black lake? Apart from the fact he had the worse timing ever."

" Oh. You're going to love this story." Sirius said with sarcasm dripping off every word. " Turns out the three of them were all there since the start."

" What?!" You shrieked, backing away into the bench a little bit.

" And James had the brilliant idea to walk out of his dammed hiding place right when we were going to have a moment there." He added with an eye roll. " He did it on purpose." 

" HE WHAT?!" You exclaimed even louder. " You can count on me, Sirius. I will curse the living hell out of him." You grumbled. 

" I have no doubt you will. Yet please spare him, I'd like to keep my best mate around." Sirius chuckled jokingly. " Why did he do that though? What reason did he have to just go ahead and walk out of a freaking bush like that?!" You huffed.

" He says it's because he wanted to 'help'." Sirius shrugged. " Apparently, since he's such an expert at romance, he knew the day of our date which ended at the black lake wasn't the right place or time to make a first move."