Dueling room

"Lily, you know you're the one who told me that I should get some rest, so why are you also the one who prevents me from getting it?" you yawned, leaning on the wall of the dimly lit hallway.

"You're the one who agreed to help us," she shrugged. "Which we are very grateful for, right?"

"Uh- yes. I will eternally be indebted to you," James nodded, holding back a grin. "I thought you'd be looking forward to showing off any spell you have up your sleeve."

"Well, true. But I was also looking forward to sleeping all day," you sighed. "After all, I couldn't get much sleep last week with Quidditch tryouts and all."

"Oh right, you're on the team now," he smirked. "Hopefully you won't be a sore loser when Gryffindor beats Slytherin again."

"Bring that up one more time and I'll show you an arsenal of spells in just a minute," you scowled.

"You're scary when you want to be, (y/n)," Peter gulped. "...I wonder when Sirius' going to get here."

"He said he was going to get a professor to supervise this dueling session," James explained.

"Speak of the devil," you said, pointing at Sirius who had crossed into the hallway with a teacher. "If it isn't professor Marco."

"Well, who better to supervise our dueling than the N.E.W.T DADA professor?" Sirius hummed, stopping next to you.

"When I heard you three wanted to learn advanced spells taught in N.E.W.T DADA, there was no way I could refuse," Marco smiled. "As Carthaginian general Hannibal once said; Aut viam inveniam aut faciam, 'I shall either find a way or make one'. I am delighted to know you're all determined to learn these advanced spells on your own."

"Of course professor," James smirked. "We might've not made it into your advanced class, but we've got what it takes!"

"That's great to hear. I've noticed there's only five of you," he said, looking over his shoulder as he spoke. "Is Remus not with you?"

"OH! Actually, he was busy today!" You stepped in before anyone else could answer. "He's terribly sorry he won't be able to make it."

"Really? He didn't tell us anything," Lily raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so..?" you laughed nervously. "He might've forgotten... Good thing he told me though!"

"How unfortunate," Marco sighed, failing to hide a small side smirk. "I was looking forward to seeing him."

"Moony will be the one missing out," Peter shrugged. "We'll learn all we can today!"

"I like your enthusiasm, Peter Pettigrew," the professor hummed, holding the door of the dueling room open for all of you to go in first. "Very well then, let's not spend any more time."

"Hey, Sirius," you called out, grabbing his wrist to hold him back. "Are you alright? You're awfully quiet."

"...I am so glad you noticed love. No, I am not okay. Not okay at all," he grumbled. "Something unthinkable happened on the way here: a group of students greeted Marco before greeting me!"

"Okay... and?"

"What do you mean, 'and'?! That is a betrayal greater than any other!" Sirius exclaimed. "I am always the one to be saluted in the halls before anyone else! But this time he was! I- I was ignored!"

"Not really though, since they did say hi to you," you shrugged.

"THEY DID IT AFTER (Y/N). AFTER."

"What's the big deal, Sirius?" you tittered. "Marco has become quite popular in the past two weeks, people notice him a lot now. Are you intimidated by a professor perhaps?"