Registry

Dumbledore had finished the preparations for you to go register as an animagus to the Ministry of Magic, and after a week's long wait since discovering Sirius' tattoo, you were finally going to London. You weren't leaving just yet, even though if you stayed at Hogsmeade any longer, you would be late for your appointment at the ministry's Animagus registry.

From the corner of your eye, you spotted a figure dressed in all black running towards you before skidding to a stop near the large Floo network fireplace in front of you. "Took you long enough," you huffed, crossing your arms. "You know I can't be late to this, Regulus."

"Sorry about that, I had forgotten something," he shrugged, catching his breath between words. "But now that we're here, let's not waste any more time."

"Funny, I was about to suggest the exact same thing."

Regulus threw a handful of Floo powder into the small burning fire, which became emerald green while the flames grew higher. "After you, (y/n)."

"I'll see you on the other side," you hummed and stepped into the fireplace, keeping your elbows close to the rest of your body. "British Ministry of Magic."

In the frame of a second, you were warped by the Floo network, passing countless blurry fireplaces before regaining stable ground in one of the many fireplaces of the Ministry of Magic. As quickly as you could, you scurried out into the crowded Atrium, knowing the Floo network of the Ministry was a busy place.

A moment later, Regulus appeared from the fireplace next to yours, dusting off his black coat while he walked out, not needing to glance your way to know where you were. "We'll be on time," he commented as you walked next to him into the Ministry.

"Yes, we will," you agreed, looking at a large clock on the wall. "We're a bit early, even. Want to kill some time and walk around?"

"In the Ministry's Atrium?" he scrunched his nose in doubt. "That's not exactly a walk in the park, you know?"

"Have a better idea?" you raised an eyebrow as Regulus sighed and shrugged, heading towards the edges of the room where the crowds were less dense. 

"I won't repeat myself, so you better hear me this first time," he cleared his throat after a few seconds in silence, looking away as his pale ears turned a soft shade of red. "I'm glad I had something in London today... I was looking forward to spending some time together."

"Aww, look at you, being soft again," you cooed as Regulus glared at you and rolled his eyes. "I'm glad too, Regulus. I've barely seen you since the start of winter break."

"Not my fault you're always running off with my brother. I bet his influence made you become an animagus."

"Huh?! No, not at all," you cleared your throat, dusting off your already spotless coat nervously. "He has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all. I- I wanted to test my own abilities, that's it. Sirius didn't influence me in the slightest."

"I'll act like that didn't sound suspicious at all," he laughed, throwing his head back slightly as he did so. 

 "Good," you nodded sternly. "Hey, are you going to the new year dance?"

"No. Why would I do that?" Regulus shook his head and ran a hand through his hair to push it back.

"You sure were quick to reply," you tittered. "Why wouldn't you do that, is what I ask myself."

His eyes focused on an unspecific point in the large room as he thought over his answer, before staring back at you with full attention. "I will not deny that dances are my type of scenery, but a Hogwarts dance? Doesn't spark my interest."