64.

Long chapter. I know this is a little slow since not much drama has happened and it's like chapter 64 already but ugh there's too much to write.

Anyway, read vote and comment.

Tell me what you think.

___
..

@Haya : I'm so gutted that I wouldn't be able to attend our national day for the first time in 25 years that I had to do something to make up for it. I recorded our national song and while I don't sound as good as a professional singer, I do sound like someone with patriotism. Happy national day to everyone celebrating back home 🖤

 Happy national day to everyone celebrating back home 🖤

"You can still go, you know

"You can still go, you know."

How could she even think of going when he looked like a lost puppy who didn't know what to do?

Basically, she had decided to go on with her husband's plan of visiting her home country for one day and then coming back and then leaving again after a week. However, a few hours before she had to leave the country..king Abdullah's health took a massive toll.

It was all over the news now. He was having a cabinet session after three months, and he collapsed within the second hour.

The doctors were still checking up on him while everyone else waited in the Palace, with a highly worried Amir looking like someone bad killed his favourite cat.

Haya understood the concern. His father was a sick man and every time his health took a toll, it made things even worse.

"No, I want to stay. I can't leave when you're so torn like this." Haya replied, squeezing his hand.

She had seen her mother in law walk into the room adjacent to the hall just a few minutes ago. She hadn't returned ever since.

"I'm going to be fine, I'm sure it was just the exhaustion." Amir mumbled, but it felt like he was trying to make himself believe instead of believing it on his own.

"This is why I always tell you to take a break every once in a while. You've clearly gone on your father."

Towards the other end of the hall, Amir's step mother wept and her children were gathered all around her. Adil and Waleed sat on each side of the sofa, where as Najma sat on her knees and stroked her mother's hands, like she was fragile and they were extremely worried about her. She had fallen sick a few months ago and ever since that, her children had been over protective.