40.

Hey guys.

Here's the new chapter.

Thanks alot for all your love on golden so far.

It means alot.

This chapter only has amir x Haya btw.

Make sure to vote and comment. Tell me what y'all think.

 Tell me what y'all think

Haya x Amir

"Who was that?" Haya asked, pulling her hair in the front and taking one last look at them.

Amir, who had been on a phone call for quite a while now.. simply shrugged without looking at her.

She had felt his shoulders tense as he kept talking over the phone and even now, after ending the call..he still seemed tense.

"No one." She heard him say, his head turned around.

Haya wore her heels and then walked towards him as he was in the living room while she was halfway across from him.

"Amir." She touched his shoulder. He took a step away.

"What, Haya?"

She frowned at the way he replied. He didn't seem as pleasant as he usually was. Clearly, something had happened.

"You're upset." Haya stated, not asking but knowing that he wasn't too happy today.

"I am." He affirmed.

"Why?" She asked, hoping to get a straight answer.

"You cursed at my sister. Am I supposed to be okay after that?"

Oh?

So it was his sister over the phone for that long? Jeez.

"Did you tell her to shut up or get the hell out of your house?"

Haya bit her lip, hating the disappointment in his voice.

"Knowing that this is not just your house? It's mine as well." Amir stated, continuing as he didn't hear any response from her.

"Have I not respected your brothers enough? Have I not shown them enough courtesy and friendship? Can you not do the same for me?"

She looked up at him, finding a deep frown etched on his face and eyes staring at her..waiting for an answer.

"And I am not saying that I respected your family so you would respect mine. I did it because that is what morals require, that's what the right thing to do is. Yet, you said horrible things to my little sister."

He accused.

"You told me to let it go and I did. You should have told your sister to do the same." Haya replied, not knowing how to defend herself as she couldn't lie about Suhoor cursing at her.