55.

Late night update but eh.

Next updates gonna be super soon..

Make sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what y'all think.

_____

Haya.

"So the truth now? Why did you cancel?"

She asked, not even bothering to say hello as she called him the moment she got to know that he wasn't coming to Maraaish anymore.

"Didn't I text you that something came up?" Hunain replied, hearing an unbelievable chuckle over the line.

Haya knew that was bullshit. He had called her, asked if it was okay to visit and now he was backing down?

"Yes, you did. But as your friend, I know better. Something happened and you are not telling me." She accused.

"Haya, let it go. It's nothing from your side." He assured, Haya already knew that.

She knew that Amir was way too nice to tell someone to not visit. He was very professional and hardly rude to people. The most rude he could be was remaining silent in the presence of the people he didn't really like.

"Hunain, tell me." She insisted, hearing a sigh over the line.

"You're literally so persistent." He grumbled, hoping that she would not ask anymore but this was Haya after all.

"I am. My answer?"

"Baba advised me not to go. He said that if Amir is even a little bit indifferent towards me, it'll potray the visit negatively." He explained.

"But didn't you try to-" She couldn't even finish her sentence because he was already cutting her off.

"I did. I tried to convince him that nothing of that sort would happen but he said he knew Amir. I didn't."

Haya rolled her eyes. What did that even mean? He knew Amir? She was the one who slept by his side every night, the one he woke up to every morning. If anything, she knew him better than most people.

"I know Amir. He would never have. He believes that every guest is a blessing." Haya replied, almost offended that someone would think about her man in a negative way.

"Yes but he's also a man. He's your husband and he saw me make out with you." Hunain said, as a matter of fact.

He couldn't blame Amir for disliking him anyway. Any man would feel that way after seeing what he saw.

"He saw the pictures. There is a difference." Haya replied, continuing.

"And didn't I just tell you that I know Amir?" She tried, rolling her eyes once again.

"Well, I can't go now anyway. It's very wrong to cancel and then uncancel." Haya knew that.

She was just quite excited for his visit and now that wouldn't be happening. She had friends in Maraaish but she didn't have real friends. She had Nadia, who was more of a work colleague but Haya counted her as a formal friend. She had her assistant but assistants were hardly friends with their bosses. She had Amir but he was her husband and her love. There was a difference.

"But I'll be representing Jordan at The Global civil thing that you keep talking about." He suddenly mentioned and Haya frowned.

"You don't even know it's name and you're gonna represent your country? Wow." She dryly commented, knowing how impassionate he actually was about such things.