34.

Long chapter. It's kind of nice.

I hope you guys like it.

Make sure to tell me what y'all think.

@Haya : The clouds may block the sun, but it still shines bright

"You didn't tell me why Adil accompanied us?" She asked as she found him getting dressed

It was still quite surreal. He was here, in the room that she had grown up in, standing in front of the mirror that was used to seeing her reflection only, surrounded by art and poetry that she had gathered over the years.

The last time she was here with him in this very room, they were not married and she was opening up about the truth of her life to him.

And today, she was here with him as his wife. She was the wife of Crown Prince Amir of Maraaish. It was magical to her at times.

"He was invited. Wasn't he?" Amir joked, turning around as he buttoned up his shirt and saw Haya on the couch, cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Ofcourse and he'll be given one hell of a treatment but he wasn't even at our reception. Tell me, what's the plan?" She asked, standing up.

She knew he was not here at her brother's engagement for the sake of common courtesy. There had to be something else. Everyone knew Adil handled matters with foreign dignitaries and countries better than anyone.

"It's just an important government matter." He vaguely responded, Haya frowned at the vagueness in his voice.

"What is it?" She questioned, crossing her arms over her chest and staring at him.

"And if it is a government matter, aren't you the one supposed to be handling it?"

Amir sighed. He wasn't exactly used to women questioning him about government matters. The women in his governerment couldn't exactly stand up to the Crown Prince and ask him anything and his family didn't really care enough about such things.

"Aren't you too inquisitive?" He enquired, Haya nodded..not even denying it.

"I am. I want to know." She stressed.

"Will you nag me until I don't tell you?" He playfully questioned but Haya shook her head at him, not playing along.

"No. I'll stop asking you about what it is because it would mean you still consider me an outsider." She remarked.

She didn't want him to think of her as the daughter of Buredaan, as the woman who belonged to another country. She was from another country, patriotic to the core and very proud of who she was..but a part of her was also related to Maraaish now and she never wanted him to doubt her. She wanted his trust in government matters as much as he trusted her with his personal life.