44

Haya

Haya.

"So Prince Amir really gave you the authority to ruin his reputation?" She had her brother say with a fake snicker, causing her to roll her eyes.

"The same way father gave you his money to burn away." Haya shot back at him.

He was sat in the garden as they were on video call and Illyas was giving her a hard time after hearing the news that she would be working in Maraaish soon.

Her brother Yusuf was also sat a few inches away from Illyas, on a separate table with a tablet as he focused on what seemed like important work.

"My little sister, always the charmer." Illyas dragged, Haya clicked her tongue.

She hadn't heard from Illyas in around ten to twelve days. Yusuf called her twice a week, only to ask if she was doing alright. Slowly and gradually, she was noticing major change within her oldest brother. He was more calm, patient and much more hardworking than before. Also, he didn't hesitate in showing concern in his voice whenever he talked to Haya.

She kind of liked it but she also didn't.

"Imagine calling your sister after two weeks, only to talk bullshit. Why does mother even tell you things?!" She asked, frowning as Illyas laughed.

"Yusuf is sitting there and still shaking his head as you curse like a woman on the street." He told Haya.

Her brother had literally heard worse from her. She knew Illyas was just exaggerating.

"And what's wrong with the women on the streets?" Haya asked instead, frowning at her brother

"Oh God. You just assume stuff to pick on me." She shrugged, knowing it was true.

Illyas didn't differentiate when it came to women. Literally he didn't. Haya knew he was always too busy and too self obsessed to date women. It was always one night stands and never seeing those girls again.

She never really said anything about it because he had never said anything to her about her lifestyle.

"Anyway, good to see you've not killed yourself in Maraaish."

He grumbled, saying it like it was such a praise.

"Good to see your investors haven't killed themselves after your recent stunt." Haya responded in the same tone.

Recently, he had tried to twist things up in the business due to which he had remained a top story for quite a few days. Everyone was speculating that there would be a huge economic failure but she knew her brother and she knew he wouldn't ever let that happen.

"Baby sister, they are going to earn billions of dollars."

She rolled her eyes, seeing the smug expression on her brother's face.