57.

"Good evening everyone

"Good evening everyone. My name is Haya Najaf. I am the daughter of Buredaan and the daughter in law of Maraaish."

She started off, feeling everyone's gaze on her. She knew that millions of people were watching her in this very moment.

It was the first time she would be giving any public speech after getting married. She knew that everyone had been waiting for her to step up and speak. She had been trending on social media for the past whole day. They knew she was the rebellious one and they expected a daring speech.

If it weren't for their confidence in her and her personal self assurance, she would have simply read from the speech she had seen get prepared in front of her. Until a night ago, her and Amir had kept on negotiating. They had been trying to find a middle ground.

Finally, Haya had made him agree to eradicating a law that felt oppressing to women and he had convinced her to cut all the lines where she was going to critisice men of his country and speak up about the most recent atrocity in Maraaish. A man had throttled his wife for going out of the house without taking his permission.

He had told her that he had already taken personal notice of the situation and domestic abuse had lowered to a very high level ever since he had taken charge. Haya knew that. She remembered seeing the appreciation for Amir on a global level because he was so passionate about this cause.

He had kissed her head and bid goodbye yesterday, leaving for his foreign trip way before her.

She looked ahead, finding her brother with a big smile on his face and Prince Hunain by his side, his face showing a look of utter appreciation.

"You might have seen me in the news for not being diplomatic enough, for saying things that I shouldn't say, for not being Royal enough, for wearing too many expensive shoes, for being obsessed with jewellery and new dresses, for always being present at parties and for causing scenes that don't suit someone like Princess Haya."

She heard a few chuckles and she laughed softly as well, folding her speech and putting it away. She didn't want to read from a piece of paper. She also knew that she wouldn't say anything that would cause trouble for her man.

"Despite all the scandals, controversies and the rumours, the one thing that I have always held on to is my father's words."

"My father always told me that one has to pave their own way and you can't dictate someone's life choices. He never said that you cannot dictate a man's life or a woman's life, he always said someone."

She mentioned, continuing.

"I have grown up in a society where I have never faced gender discrimination within my family. Although, when I grew up and started to look around in my country and in many other countries that I have travelled to, I found that there were differences between a man and a woman's way of living life."