84.

Hi guys. 5k words.

First, so sorry for such late updates. I'm just really packed with everything lately and honestly it's super hard to write anything

Still tried tho. Hope you guys like it.

Make sure to vote and comment, tell me what y'all think :)

____

@Haya : picked up a paint brush after a very long time today, blue and art mixing in well together 💙

"Hey." She heard his voice, a gentle but tired smile on his face as he saw her enter the prayer room. He was still sitting on the prayer mat when she arrived. He stood up with another look towards her, as he walked in Haya's direction.

Haya had been feeling anxious all day. He was the only one who could make it all go away.

When Amir sat on the couch and gestured her to sit as well, she managed to climb into his lap without a single word.

He frowned, her sudden quiet behavior always worried him. He knew it would take time for her to heal but he could sense the stress radiating off her, something he hadn't really noticed in the past two days.

"Haya.." He murmured in her ear, as she put her chin on his shoulder. "You alright?"

He slid his arm around her, feeling her move her head as she adjusted herself on his chest since his own legs were up on the couch now

She didn't say anything for a while, only pressing herself close to him. He slowly understood what it was all about. His father had invited him to dinner and while he had expected Haya to refuse, she surprisingly hadn't.

She told him she couldn't stay cut off from his family all because of a woman she didn't like. His family was important to him and therefore, it was important to her too.

The only fear? It was the fact that Amir wanted to tell his family about her miscarriage and Haya didn't. He had kept it a secret for a while now but he insisted that they deserved to know.

They stayed in the same position for a while, with Haya taking deep breaths and Amir only holding her in his embrace.

"I'm sorry."

She finally managed to croak out, her voice tight with tears and anguish, and even a little muffled since she was pressed to his chest. If it hadn't been the vulnerability and the way she had said it, he wouldn't have understood what she said in the first place.

His own heart sank because every time he thought she was getting better, she would overcome with a wave of emotions. Sometimes she would be angry at him, sometimes at her own self. Sometimes she would blame him and sometimes her own self.

"I know, Haya."

He murmured out, he didn't have the energy to tell her that it wasn't her fault and everything else that would make her feel better. He understood and that was enough for the both of them.