33.

Here's chapter 33.

Make sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what you think.

Haya

Haya.

"Yes, totally."  She spoke over the phone with her mother, still wondering how the hell this had happened all of a sudden.

If she was being honest, her brother did not seem like the kind of men who would instantly fall head over heels with someone. He was calm and collective, with both patience and intolerance ingrained in him at the same time.

"I did speak to dad yesterday. He told me nothing about the matter." She further said as her mother told her about Yusuf's sudden need for marriage.

"The same way your father didn't tell Yusuf about your liking towards Amir. How is this any different?"

Her mother defended. all the children had secrets and all of their children confided within their parents. Not even once had their father or mother broken their trust.

"Because," Haya said in a voice filled with complaint, feeling like she was out of the loop.

Her mother was right though.

"Okay, fine. I just don't understand what he saw in her. She is so bland." She grumbled, remembering how Sara was.

She was his childhood friend but they had never been too close as far as Haya knew. She had always kept tabs on all their brothers. Maybe, she was losing her touch now. 

"Haya. She's a beautiful girl and very respectful."

Haya merely rolled her eyes, lifting her hand up and examining her french manicure, her eyes glancing her wedding ring for a moment before she turned her attention back to her mother.

"I just always thought Yusuf would end up with Aaliyah some day." She told the Queen.

Since Aaliyah was the closest person to Haya, she didn't want him to marry some businessman or some mere politician one day. She wanted her to marry someone who had a name and who was worthy enough.

"Aaliyah? Really?"

Haya remembered all those times Yusuf specifically remembered Aaliyah's birthdays, how he always made sure to smile and be polite, how her bestfriend gazed at him with pure stars in her eyes.

Aaliyah had never admitted it out loud but Haya knew that she did like her brother.

Well, too bad.

"Yes. There was always this  chemistry between them." She said over the phone, hearing a hum from the Queen before she spoke up.

"We didn't even know he loved Sara untill he came forward and told your father three days ago. We're planning to have an engagement party soon."

"And is my dear brother thinking of atleast inviting me?" Sarcasm rolled off her tongue and she rolled her eyes again.