27.

!!

Amir x Haya.

"Amir, can you just sit with us for a few minutes instead of working like a mad man?"

He heard his mother say, not even bothering to hide the despair and sarcasm in her tone at the same time.

As someone who had always felt too attached to his mother, Amir smiled at the complaint and put his phone away, walking up to his mother as he sat on the edge of the sofa.

"Yes, mother. I can." He affirmed, leaning back and staring at the woman.

"Have you seen your eyes?"

And there it was.

The worry.

Amir shook his head. What was wrong with his eyes?

Queen Azizah clicked her tongue just so very lightly. She didn't like that while every other child of theirs got themselves royally pampered, Amir never really desired that treatment.

She felt proud that her son had a humble attitude but sometimes, he also deserved to feel like a Royal. He was the Crown Prince. He deserved to pamper himself but he hardly ever did it.

Even his clothes were picked out by her and she was sure that after his marriage, Haya would take up the task.

Amir only worked and worked and whatever remaining time he did have, he would either pray, look around nature or read books. He had friends and confidants but he didn't exactly spend much time with them.

Her son was quite anti social and yet no one ever said a bad word about him, only because he was so very charming.

"You know I don't like staring at myself." He replied to her comment about his eyes, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yes. But now there is someone who would like to stare at you." She mentioned Haya without even taking her name and relished in the fact that her son's dimples were already on display.

"And for her, you need to look a little alive."

Amir frowned just a bit.

"Do I not look alive enough to you?" He enquired, his mother chuckled. 

"You do, Masha'Allah. My son has a light in his eyes that no one else does."

"You've said that since I was seven."

She had. She always found Amir to be so full of life and light, so innocent and yet so smart. God had given her the most precious gift in the form of her son.

"Yes, I have. But you need to do something about the dark circles. Not very attractive, my son."

So she was a little obsessed with him always looking his best, this is why she made sure to pick out the best suits for him. Every single one of his suit was custom made, then hand picked by Queen Azizah. Only because Amir didn't care enough about it.

She saw her son lean back, nodding. Since he looked slightly more relaxed than before, she knew that she had to atleast ask him once about the one thing that had been bothering him quite a bit.