53.

.

Haya.

"I did hear Queen Rania's interview the other day. She talked quite highly about you." Mahrookh said, finding Haya's smug smile so typical.

"As she should. Mother is friends with her and I'm always talking about her work, her outfits, her way of conducting herself."

Haya replied, knowing that she had read quite a few internet posts about the Queen's appreciation of Haya as woman of the new generation.

"This one time, she made a bad fashion choice and I told her right on spot. She loves me from that very day."

Haya further said, remembering the event two years ago. The Queen had worn a beautiful red dress with a blue hat to go with it, since it was a day event.

She had on the spot told the woman to not wear it, since the hat completely changed her style from classy to trying too hard. Haya felt like a woman with such exquisite taste shouldn't have to endure an outfit embarassment. At first, she felt like the woman hadn't appreciated her words but after a few moments, she had nodded and put away the bleu hat.

Two days later, she had called Haya and told her it was really lovely to meet her.

Mahrookh leaned in close to Haya, giving her a little bit of judgmental eye.

"Does she know about your rendezvous with Prince Hunain?"

After Aaliyah had found out, she had spilled the gossip to Yaman..who had somewhat told the rest of the group. Haya rolled her eyes.

"Does your mother know about yours with that banker last month?" She shot back, leaning against the sofa as she enjoyed the surprised expression on her friend's face.

Haya wasn't the only with secret affairs and one night stands. They all had some hidden skeletons in their closets.

"I really wonder what she'll think about that one. Will she have an attack because you slept with a banker or will she have one because you slept with a man?"

She further said, hearing Yaman's laughter and Mahrookh's click of tongue at the same time.

She was the most innocent one in their group apparently. Since her mother was a pious Saudi woman, Mahrookh had this image of a simple girl in front of her, which was far from reality.

"Good to see our Haya's still in there." Karib mumbled, pointing at the servant to bring him a drink.

Haya shrugged, looking at the group and then at the time.

"Don't mention Hunain in front of Amir. It's a sensitive topic." She told everyone, rolling her eyes as she saw the drinks arrive in the hall.

"Does he know that you're very good friends with him?"

"He does. It's just that he didn't appreciate the man's tongue down my throat in those pictures." She said.

"Even I wouldn't appreciate something like that and Amir is literally a Crown Prince with no dirty history." Yaman replied, hearing murmurs of agreement.

He took another glass of the champagne cocktail, as they all waited for the Crown Prince to arrive.

"Did you like his gift?" Haya heard Aaliyah from behind, as she was standing up and handing her phone over to a woman, asking her to get it charged.

"Amir gave me too many gifts, Aaliyah. Which one are you talking about?" Haya shot back, seeing a shake of her head in return.

"Prince Hunain."