(13)

Haya.

Looking around, I could see that this was not the kind of place that I had ever visited before. I had roamed the streets of London, eaten at random places, but this was not even close to that.

The aroma of spices and oil clouded my senses, the hustle and bustle of the people working in their small hotels and shops, the clatter of the utensils, it was so normal.

Had Amir brought me to a street food area?

I looked at the man who was standing by my side, smiling at the view in front of him. Clearly, he had been here before and clearly, he loved this place.

Amir guided me towards a small table, making me sit on a chair and sitting right in front of me. He pointed towards a man and then paid all his attention to me.

"What is this place?" I pondered. Amir did not seem stuck up at all.

He did not care about his Crown Prince status. He tried to show me his normal side ever since I had been with him. I didn't understand why but that intrigued me and scared me at the same time.

"It's the street with the best food in my city." Amir replied, thanking the man who had just placed a big tray in front of us.

I could not even name one dish on that platter. They smelled amazing but I had no idea how they were eaten or if they tasted as good as they looked.

At the same time, I wondered how a man like Amir was not cautious about eating from a normal street. As people in power, they must have alot of enemies. And with enemies, came danger. Was he nor afraid that his food could easily be poisoned?

"And you're okay with eating that?" I questioned out loud. He just chuckled at me.

"Don't worry, it's checked. Aren't you too cautious that someone's gonna posion you?" Even though his eyes were very playful, I realised that I was trying to be like a Princess in front of a man who was showing me his normal side.

I had to be that way. I had to show him that I was normal too. I was humble and grounded, just like him.

"No. I am just quite shocked that you know all these places." I turned the conversation around and Amir leaned back, shrugging.

He was so handsome. God, why was he so handsome? It made it hard for me to control myself.

"Not every man is lucky enough to be born golden, Haya. We have to look around and see that for ourselves." Amir told me, picking up a fork.

I did the same as him and ate the first bite from the very same area as him. I hesitantly brought it to my mouth, surprisingly liking the spicy substance.

"But what about your security? You're not careful enough." I said to him after finishing another bite.

Amir took time to chew his food before speaking up.

"Is that worry I hear?" He was quite into teasing me.

He had such a gentle playfulness about him that I wanted to talk more and more. He seemed like the kind of man that a woman could laugh her ass off with, yet at the same time, she could also hold the most deep conversations without any fear or hesitancy.

"Maybe." I played along, eating another bite.

"How do you like it?" He questioned me about the food.

"It's very nice."

He hummed, eating himself. I wondered about how we had ended up in this position. A few weeks ago, we hardly knew about each other's existence. Yet, here we were.