69.

"Have we ever pressurized you children into doing something you didn't want to do? How could you hide the truth from us?"

The hurt and anger was evident in the Queen's voice. Yusuf had narrated the entire tale to his parents, and while the king was still quiet and staring at his children..it was their mother who looked extremely angry at all of them.

When Haya entered her father's study, Illyas and Shahid were already there along with Yusuf. One look towards her mother and she knew that the woman was not happy.

"And Haya? you kept on nagging me that there was something wrong and the moment you found out the truth, you decided to go and play mother instead?" She asked, raising her voice at her daughter.

Haya wanted to argue back, but one look from Yusuf made her stay quiet.

"Do you children think that your mother and father are not smart enough to figure out what to do?"

She went off, her frowned up face reminding Haya that she would also look the same after a few decades. There were not many fine lines and wrinkles on her mother's face, courtesy of the Royal family aesthetician. The fillers kept her skin tight and laser treatments kept it looking bright and beautiful.

Haya couldn't really taunt her mother over it, knowing that she would hate to turn old as well. Up until now, she had only done a brow lift. Other than that, no treatments involved the use of needles and fillers.

"And Yusuf, why did you not tell us that you were hurting? How could you hide this from us?"

Her voice softened when she looked at her son, seeing the way he seemed exhausted and drained. He was the most responsible one out of all of them, the one who would sacrifice his own happiness for the sake of others. He was often straightforward, but since the past two or three years..Yusuf had started to turn more and more diplomatic. It was required from him as Prince.

"What was your plan? Were you thinking that you will get married and figure everything out on your own? What would have happened when she had delivered that baby? Would you call that baby yours?"

He looked down, because he didn't know what he would have done. His personal life had got completely ruined in the past few weeks.

"Would you have made that child your heir? Is this the Crown Prince that the world talks about?"

He stared at his mother and let out a soft sigh.

"Mother," He tried to apologise, but it wasn't of much use.

"No, Yusuf. You should have come to us the moment you found out."

The last thing she wanted to see was her son sacrificing his own happiness for the sake of their reputation.

"And Illyas, how could you be so stupid? You have always shared everything with me, why not this?"

Illyas let out a groan, knowing that they shots were going to be fired at him now. His mother had already lectured Yusuf and Haya. It was his turn now.