51.

.

Haya x Amir.

"Out of all the things I expected, the one I never did was having conversations with you about the stupidity of these politicians at three in the morning." Yusuf admitted, sipping his green tea as he looked at Prince Amir and laughed at the tired expression on his face.

The party had ended around an hour ago and while they all had bid the guests, they hadn't straight up gone to their particular rooms and decided to sleep.

Infact, they were busy in a conversation about the guests at the party. There were quite a few politicians and Royal diplomats who were basically trying to get into Prince Amir's good graces for the sake of their personal motives.

"I didn't expect the party to last for that long." Amir replied, still surprised that the party had been on full swing even at two.

Most of the Royal celebrations in Maraaish ended before midnight.

"Our celebrations hardly end with punctuality. There's no alcohol when father attends, which is why it ended at two." Illyas told the Prince, earning another surprised expression.

"What happens otherwise?" Amir asked, looking at Haya for just a moment before looking back at Illyas.

He couldn't wait to talk to her in private but Haya had actually been dodging a conversation. She had faked her smile throughout the night, only pretending.

Amir had also turned busy, since he had alot of people around who were thrilled to have a conversation. Yusuf was always around too, making sure that Amir was comfortable.

Even though he was his brother in law, he was the Crown Prince of Maraaish first and they couldn't afford to offend him in any way.

"People get drunk, they dance, they spill secrets. Next thing you know, it's six in the morning."

Yusuf answered instead of Illyas, knowing that his brother's answer wouldn't be so much coy.

"And then we get lectured by our mother the next morning, ofcourse." Illyas added, chuckling as he stared at the Queen.

"You kids do not know what an actual lecture is. I have been saving you from your father since forever." She said, her gaze settling on Haya who actually seemed quite zoned out.

She only managed to crack a smile when Yusuf nudged her with his arm.

"The only one you've been saving is Haya, mom. Illyas has always managed to remain sneaky,"

"Shahid is a poor soul, he didn't even get into trouble at school."

Yusuf told Amir, Illyas rolled his eyes.

"And you're the saint in this family?" He enquired, earning a shake of head. 

"No. I was just too crippled by the pressure of being a Crown Prince. I'm sure Amir can relate. It's hard being the oldest one."

At the mention of his name, Amir cleared his throat and nodded. He could not have agreed more with Yusuf's words.

"Yes, I can. You can't seem to please everyone when you have duties that require your immediate attention."

Even though he had said it generally, Haya could understand the hidden meaning behind his words.

She let out a tired sigh.

"Haya, sleepy already?" Her mother asked, she shook her head.

"No. I'm fine," Haya muttered, seeing her mother nod and look at the time.