81.

I know it's been ages but oh well this is almost6k words.

Anyway, I'm so glad I wrote something. I've been so crazy busy, which is kind of nice because I was such a free person but it's been hard too. Still getting used to it :)

Thanks so much for all the love on golden.

Now enjoy the chapter, vote and comment.

Send love ❤️

Haya.

"Haya, Why aren't you ready yet? Hunain and his friends are there already."

She had been staring at the screen longer than she had even noticed, to the point where her best friend had walked in and she still hadn't got distracted.

When Aaliyah's voice snapped Haya out of her own zone, she looked at her and let out a sigh. There were atleast three different phones on the table, Haya's assistant was by her side with an intense expression on her face and Aaliyah just frowned at the weird situation.

"What are you doing?" She slowly asked, as Haya gestured the woman to get up and leave for a while.

"Trying to pull on some strings, I really need to know how Amir's fake mother came to know of the abortion."

She said, feeling her head hurt at this point.

"And then the whole article, it's got so many stories from anonymous people. I really want some answers." She had been thinking about this for a while now.

Who were these anonymous sources? If this were any organization other than Reuters, Haya wouldn't even give it much thought. Most anonymous sources were self made.

But she knew damn well that the sources were there. Who had been snitching on both Haya and Amir? And even Hunain. Who didn't want them to have a stable life? She couldn't doubt her friends, they were loyal.

Amir's family, they were Royals. They wouldn't profit off from maligning their own daughter in law's name.

"I thought you'd have texted Amir by now,"

And then there was Amir.

He had distracted everyone using his social media power. Instead of giving a statement and making more people aware of what had recently happened, he simply used his social media platform to convey the message that he loved his wife and she was his life.

All it did was hurt Haya even more. She had always wanted him to post her on his Instagram, had always joked about it as well but she didn't want that anymore. she would have traded a personal message that reached only her for a social media post that reached millions of people.

She waited for a call or a message, because she didn't feel that she had to send him another message. There was no call, no message. At one point, her fingers ached as she kept holding onto the phone and even typed out several messages herself before deleting them.