73.

Long chapter. Dramatic. Finally.

Okay here you go.

Make sure to vote and comment. Tell me what you think. ❤️

"No, fuck

"No, fuck."

He heard her whimper in her sleep, as he laid right next to her. They were too exhausted to shower after the sex last night, with Amir planning to shower before the morning prayer instead. They had fallen asleep at two, both of them exhausted and done for the day. He had sleepily placed a kiss on her hair and gone to sleep with his hands holding her from the waist, and a leg sprawled over her. Haya usually didn't complain about the weight, and he knew she actually found comfort in it.

"Haya?" He thought she might be having a bad dream, as he looked at her with sleep hazed eyes and shook her.

"No, no, no." She murmured again, and Amir let out a frown.

"What's going on?" He asked, still holding her.

"Move." She said to him, Amir rubbed his eyes instead.

"What?"

"Just, please move." She whispered again, and Amir didn't want to move right now. He wanted her to tell him what was wrong.

"Haya, what happened? Are you okay?" He tried to hold her face, one of his hands leaving her waist as his hold loosened.

"Can you just move first?" She almost snapped this time, and he moved back with a frown.

Haya got off the bed in a hurry, not even looking behind as she rushed into the bathroom, slamming the door hard.

Amir flinched, and switched on the lights. As he got off the bed as well, he understood what had happened. There was a small red dot on the bed. No wonder she had rushed inside.

"Oh." A wave of disappointment washed all over him.

He didn't understand. The fertility doctor last month had cleared the both of them. They were fine. Haya's body was perfectly fine and his sperm count was fine too.

Every month, he hoped for something like this and he prayed for it. Still, he didn't get it. Maybe God's plan didn't include a child for them right now. He couldn't do anything about it.

He pulled the sheets off the bed, throwing them on the floor. He sat down on the bed, knowing that he would have to talk to his wife and then shower before praying. Sleep had literally flown away.

He waited for a while, but frowned when Haya didn't come outside the bathroom even after so long.

He knocked on the door.

"It's been a while since you're in there. Haya?" He didn't hear anything in response and he let out a sigh.

Of course she was upset.