(9)

Where they finally decide to meet.

--

@Haya : In a world filled with hatred, what choice do I have other than being kind?

@Haya : You're never too golden to work, never too shiny to not shine. Work and work more

Her office was painted grey, much to her displeasure

Her office was painted grey, much to her displeasure. There were no windows in her office, much to her displeasure. The air-conditioning was more chilly than what she was accustomed to, much to her displeasure. Her table was white and simple, much to her displeasure. The wall opposite to her table contained a huge screen, a clock hung above the screen and another wall contained images of the King and Crown Prince of the country. Her office wasn't as golden as she wanted it to be but even in this state of displeasure, she was really happy to be working.

She was just an employee, not exactly but she didn't hold all the power in the ministry. Still, the people around her walked on eggshells, they looked at her like she was made of gold, like she was invincible and one wrong word from her could ruin their lives.

Her friendly smiles and her clever eyes didn't do much to relieve them. She did not care either.

She was busy learning directly from the Human Rights Minister. He was a man who actually had the slightest but care about people of his country, something that Haya truly appreciated. He thought of them as his people, not as peasants.

He showed her the current graph, her eyes scanning how their intake of refugees had lowered within the past two years.

"Why do we not take more refugees anymore?" She asked the man, who listened to her attentively.

"We already take quite alot. The more we take, the more problems it can create for the common folk."

As far as her research went on, she had read several articles..each one contradicting the precious one. Some articles stated that the economic impact of migrants and refugees was not exactly very good but on the other hand, some articles suggested the opposite.