37.

Long chapter, sort of interesting since drama is kinda picking up.

Tell me what you think.

Vote and comment :)

Amir.

She felt her shoulders tense as she saw him frown. He had not really expected his father to call, especially since he knew that he was to return in a few hours. It definitely was something important.

He stood up from his seat inside the aircraft, only smiling at his wife as he excused himself and found a more private space to talk to his father.

"Assalam u alaikum, yes father." He got straight to the point, knowing that there was something important to be discussed or else his father would never have called him at such a time.

He had the King ask for his health and if he was on the way back, Amir nodded even though his father couldn't see him and responded over the call.

"I am well, alhamdullilah. Just about to reach Maraaish."

His father asked if he was alone in a private space, Amir felt worried at the concern in his father's voice.

"Ofcourse, tell me."

"Amir, your wife."

Two words. Two words and Amir knew this was about Haya. It was either about the way she dressed or about some statement she might have given in some interview.

He patiently waited for his father to tell him what was it this time.

"I told you that you need to know more about her, I told you that you need to stop rushing, I told you that she won't fit in."

Amir knew all of that.

But all of the women that were supposed to fit in his culture and his life, they did not make his heart beat the way she did.

Amir knew that there might have been women who could have proven extra ordinary for his family, but Haya was Haya.

She wasn't just a spoiled Princess with a sense of justice and a cause that most deemed hopeless. She was also the woman who could make a man weak on his knees with just one look. She was also the woman who had compromised on most of the things she wanted for his sake. She was also the woman who loved him despite their opposite personalities.

"I can't force things upon anyone. She will change with time but she can't change who she is. When we got married, I knew who she was, who she is." He defended his wife.

Even though his father had not told him the reason, he kind of figured it out himself.

"She has to find her own path. I can't just tell her to do this and do that. It doesn't work that way."

He further said, the King asked him to stop defending his wife and understand the situation first.

Amir let out a sigh.

"It's not about defending, father. What she wears-"

Upon hearing that this call wasn't about Haya's dressing, he frowned. As far as he knew, there were no issues with the interview she had given.

"Then what is this about?" He asked, hearing the frustration in his father's voice.

"Two days of not working and you do not even know what's happening anymore. I have better things to do, Amir. I thought you would have known by now."

"Ofcourse, father. I know you have better things to do but you need to atleast tell me what happened."

He politely stated, hearing him ask another question over the line.