(12)

@Haya : bliss.

Amir x Haya

Out of all the places that Haya had expected to be at, this one was just not it. She could not believe that Amir had actually brought her to a rooftop. She did not see any tables, any candles, any food so clearly there was no plan for a lunch date. She still smiled even though she was confused on the inside.

She stared at Amir who looked so genuinely relaxed that she could just stay here and stare at him and she would not mind it at all.

They walked towards a railing, Amir gesturing her towards the white railing.

What were they planning to do? Jump?

Her heart raced against her chest as she walked alongside him, nervous.

"What is this place?" She questioned out loud and Amir gazed at her. Her soft gaze was enough to lull her fastened heartbeat.

He looked at her with such tenderness that Haya wanted him to just someone keep looking at her.

"Close your eyes." He mumbled.

At this point, he could have asked her to jump and she would have.

Haya closed her eyes.

"Now open." He whispered. His words felt like a gentle caress, like he was the only man she had ever been in proximity to. Haya did not understand what kind of pull she had towards Amir but he made her feel a certain way, a way that she hadn't felt in a long time.

She opened her eyes upon his coaxing. She turned towards Amir the moment she opened her eyes, her questioning gaze pointed at him.

Amir only smiled.

"Now look at the right side." Haya did as he asked her to do and now she could understand where he had brought her.

On the left side, all she could see was skyscrapers and tall buildings. She saw the hustle and bustle of the cars, the roads, the buildings that were joined by one another, she saw the way they had an element that made them look similar. She observed the well developed city of Nimzaar, the new capital of Maraaish.

"That's the city." Haya murmured in awe, eyes still staring at the city, at how much they could see from a mere rooftop.

"Yes. My city." Amir said to her, his head turning towards the other side.

"Now look on the left." Haya turned her head and suddenly, all those buildings, all those skyscrapers, they were gone. All she could see was plain sand, small dusky houses and nothing but simplicity.

"Magical, isn't it?" Haya only nodded, contemplating how two sides could be so different from one another.

"I often come here to seclude myself. This place, it just tells me how life is." Amir said to her, she listened attentively.