𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲||𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲

I go to the box where all of the other males are, waiting for the new Greenie and more supplies to arrive. Everyone looks confused, whispering about something.

"Hey, Gal. What's wrong?" I ask my boyfriend. He sighs and jumps into the box. He grabs a box and quickly gets out.

"I'm guessing we need to use these. Right away." He says, handing me the box. My eyes widen. Pregnancy tests.

"Lets go take some." He says. I nod my head and we go to our shared hut. I take one in silence, neither of us speaking a word. I shake my head, trying to get out of the negative thoughts.

We leave it setting on the counter for about five minutes- the five minutes seeming like it's five years. "Ok. The results should be in by now." Gally whispers. I nod.

I hesitantly turn over the pregnancy test to reveal the word Pregnant. I start crying. "Damnit." I say, kicking the makeshift chair that was in the corner.

I look at Gally, his eyes glossy and jaw clenched. "I'm so sorry, Gally." I say through a sob. He shakes his head.

"Come here, baby, come here." He whispers, opening his arms. I fall into his embrace, burying my face into his chest.

He kisses my head. "It's not your fault, sweetie. It's gonna be ok. We're gonna get through it. I promise." Gally says reassuring me.

*Now*

"Dada! Dada!" Our two year old daughter, Emma exclaims as Gally walks towards us. I kiss her cheek and put her down. I smile at the beautiful human we made together. I can't believe we actually had doubts about being parents.

She runs- or tries to- to Gally with her little legs. He scoops her up and kisses all over her chubby cheeks, making her laugh. He smiles at her adorableness.

"Hey, gorgeous." Gally says, kissing me.

"Hi, baby. How was building?" I ask.

"Building's never fun. I need a break. Just came over to see my beautiful girls." I smile. "Let's have another." He says, making me choke on my own saliva.

"Excuse me? Did I hear you correctly?" I ask.

He laughs. "I want another baby. Please?" He asks.

"Absolutely not. It's hard enough to raise one baby in the glade, could you imagine two? No way."

He sighs dramatically. "Alright. I got you. You're enough, my little Princess." He says to Emma.

She kisses his cheek. "Dada." She says, making us both giggle.

He kisses me passionately. "I love you so much. You too, our little Glade baby." Gally says, kissing her head.

Word count- 444

Hey, guys! I had fun writing this. Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for all of the support. Love you all!

XoXo,
RK