𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬||𝐀𝐱𝐥 𝐇𝐞𝐜𝐤

Axl, Sue, Brick, and I are sat on the couch, watching TV together. Frankie and Mike step in front of it, making their children groan.

I smile as Axl buries his head in my neck.

"Now, we know your friends had a fun summer going on these great family vacations and you were thinking, 'We didn't do anything.'

"Your Dad and I wanted to spend time with you and Y/N before school starts.
So... guess what. We're all gonna take a family vacation of our own."

"Noooo!" The others complain loudly, startling me a little.

"It's my last weekend as a lifeguard!" Axl says.

"The librarian was gonna let me re-shelve Etruscan literature. They don't let civilians do that!" Brick says, angered by his parents' decision.

"But I start highschool on Monday. Highschool." Sue says, worriedly. "And I'm not even remotely ready. I haven't even finished decorating my binder! Please, please don't make me go!"

Axl points his finger at them. "You can't do this! You can't just spring a vacation on us!"

"You don't even know what we're doing!" Frankie defends.

"What are we doing?" I ask, picking at my nails.

"We're going camping." Mike says.

"Noooo!" They all complain again.

"Oh, come on, camping's fun. Y'all are being dramatic." I tell them.

"See, Y/N's gettin' it." Frankie says. "Plus, it was his idea."

"Dad!"

"Why are you punishing us!?"

"Why!?"

"Hey. I was perfectly happy not seeing you three all summer. It's pretty bad when someone else's kid is my favourite." He says. "This was her thing."

"Mom!"

"Ugh!"

"Seriously!?"

"Can't we at least do something inside that has a TV and isn't gross?" Axl asks, causing me to smack him on his arm.

"Any motel we can afford is gonna have more bugs than the woods. Just get onboard with camping." Mike says.

-----------------------

We're all packed and ready to go.
"Axl, be good. Your parents are trying. You should try too." I say.

He groans. "Y/N, you know my parents. They don't ever try. Mark my words, this trip will be a disaster by the time it's over."

"Axl." I warn.

"Fine. Only because you're cute."

"Thanks." I smile and kiss him. "And maybe we can talk 'em into letting us share a tent." I whisper.

"You know, this trip might not be as bad as I thought."

I giggle. "That's what I'm saying."

We get in the car and poor Brick is all alone in the very back with the luggage. "So, I really have to be passengers with the luggage?" He asks.

"Yes, Brick. You've sat back there before." Sue says.

"Mom, is the blue bag up there with you? I'm kinda hungry." Brick says.

She tenses up. "Damn it!"

"You forgot the blue bag!?" We all ask in unison.

"You think I'm happy about this? I had wine coolers and a frozen snickers in there."