𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫||𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

John's POV

"I'm scared." I whisper to my wife, Y/N, as we sit down on our bed. She looks at me quizitively.

"Why? I thought you'd be happy. You always wanted a little baby girl." She says.

I sigh. "I don't want it to be a repeat of my life. A deadbeat dad who doesn't do anything with their kid. They say we all eventually turn into our parents. I-" My rambling gets cut off by Y/N's reassuring words.

"John, that's not gonna happen, ok? You're gonna be an amazing father. You are nothing like your father. You are so sweet, and you wouldn't hurt a fly." She says.

"In highschool, I was a stupid, dumb prick who thought it was cool to beat on people... That scares me. A lot." I admit.

She takes my hand and places it to her stomach. "John, in my stomach is a little girl who can't wait to meet her daddy. We made this human, and therefore, we are going to love this human." She says.

"Damn, she's not even here and I'm already crazy about her." I say, thinking about what my future with my daughter and wife would look like.

I throw the ball to my daughter, Alexis. She's big into softball, so we try to practice as much as we can. "Nice catch, Princess!" I say to the six year old. She giggles and hits the inside of her baseball mitt.

"Watch, Daddy!" She says as Y/N sits down to watch, sipping on her coffee. Alexis throws a curve ball at me. I miss the catch and smile. I take off my mitt.

"You're getting good at that, Lex." I say.

"Thanks, Daddy." She says.

"Playing catch in the backyard would be fun. I always wanted to do that when I was younger." I say. Y/N smiles.

"She'll definitely be a Daddy's girl." She says.

I walk into the kitchen to see Y/N, comforting a crying Alexis. "Princess, what's wrong?" I ask. She looks at me, making my heart break into two. I fucking hate seeing her like this.

"Wanna tell Daddy what's wrong?" Y/N asks her. She sniffles.

"J-Jackson s-said that he likes Sarah." She says. I know it's an innocent little crush, but I also know that it means a lot to her.

I go over to her and kiss her on the head. "Honey, Jackson is an idiot if he doesn't like you. You are the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen. And the funniest too. Jackson is an airhead, and he's missing out on getting to know a great girl." I say.

"Thanks, Daddy." She says and hugs my neck.

"I'll help her kill one of those dumbasses who decides to break her heart. Oh, my gosh. I'm dreading her dating already." I say and Y/N giggles.

"She will have one overprotective dad, that's for sure." She says.

"Damn right." I say.

"Lex, honey, slow down. You're doing
68 in a 45. That's too fast, even for me." I say.

"Dad, relax. I'm a good driver." She says.

"Not yet. You need more practice. It was like softball. You need to drive more, then, you'll be a pro." I say.

She slows down. "Thank goodness. You're mother would kill me if I let you get a ticket. She'd blame me." I say. Alexis laughs.

"Hell, I'll even teach her how to drive." I say.

"No, you will not. I'm not putting you out on the road with a new driver. There's too many innocent people out on the road who don't deserve to get hit." She says, making me laugh.

I lay her down and put my head to her stomach. "Hi, princess." I say making Y/N smile. "Well... I want you to know that I'm not going to be anything like my father. I'm gonna do everything he didn't. I'm gonna be the best dad I can be." I say, running circles around Y/N's belly button.

"Hell, I'll even teach you how to drive." I say.

"No. You are an awful driver." Y/N says, making me laugh.

"Daddy." Alexis whispers. I wake up and look at the clock. 3:32.

"Lex, Princess, what are you doing up so early?" I ask her.

"I had a bad dream and there were monsters. C-Can you check my room? I th-think they're hiding in there." She says. I smile and get out of bed.

I go to her room and turn on her light. "Ok, monsters. I'm gonna give you to the count of three to leave, or else you suffer the wrath of Alexis's daddy. 1... 2... 3." I say and act like I'm looking for monsters. "Ok. I guess we're gonna have to do it the hard way." I say.

I drop to my knees and look under her bed. "Boo!" I exclaim, probably waking Y/N up.

"Ha! They left. They didn't want me to kick their butts." I say.

She giggles. "Thank you, Daddy." She says.

I give her a small kiss, then tuck her into bed. "Goodnight, Lex. I love you." I say.

"I love you too, Daddy." She says, making my heart melt.

"I'll scare the monsters out from under her bed." I say.

"See. You're gonna be an amazing dad." Y/N says.

"I hope so." I say.

"Dad, come on! Please, please, please, can I get a tattoo?" She asks.

"Are you nuts!? I'm not letting you get a tattoo. You aren't even 17, and you want a tattoo!?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Brandon says they look hot." She says. I roll my eyes. "Who cares what some dumbass boy thinks?" I ask her. She glares at me.

"I do." She says smartly and walks off.

"What if she wants to get a tattoo?" I ask.

"Ha. Not a chance." Y/N says. I chuckle and nod in agreement.

Yup. I think that I'm gonna do just fine. I'm not letting history repeat itself.

Word count- 1008

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you guys have an amazing Thanksgiving, under the circumstances.

XoXo,
RK