𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐭||𝐀𝐱𝐥 𝐇𝐞𝐜𝐤

December 11th

"Finally." Axl groans as we approach Ehlert Motors.

"Axl, we haven't been on the road that long." Frankie, his mom says. Axl's hand slips onto my thigh.

"What, baby?" I whisper.

"I just wanna go somewhere with you. We could go to Darren's and play Mario Kart." He says.

"Uh, you're not going to Darren's until we decorate the tree. As a family." Frankie tells him.

We get out of the car and the cold air hits me. I shiver and hug myself to try and stay warm. "Stupid Indiana weather." I mumble.

Axl comes over to me and wraps his arms around me. "I'll keep you warm." He whispers.

"Thanks." I whisper.

"Y/N, thank you so much for coming along with us." Frankie says. I smile.

"Thanks for letting me." I say.

Brick and Sue, his siblings, run into the lot. I smile.

"Mom, can we go?" Axl asks.

"Axl, baby, we don't do this everyday. Come on. Just enjoy, ok?" I ask, taking his hands in mine.

"I love her." Mike, his dad, whispers to Frankie, making me giggle.

"Fine. Only for you." He mumbles, and gives me a peck on the lips.

"Thank you." I say.

"'Thank you' for the kiss? Or 'thank you' for going along with you?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Both." I say and kiss him again.

"Mom! Dad! You gotta see this tree Brick and I found! It's beautiful." Sue says. Axl grabs my hand and we walk to where Sue was talking about.

"Nice job, Sue." I say, admiring the tree she picked out.

"So, this is the one we're going for?" Frankie asks. We all nod.

"Babe, can we go?" Axl asks.

"Axl, why can't you just enjoy being with your family?" I ask.

"Cause they're lame." Axl says.

"Babe, they're still your family." I pause. "And if you're good, I'll reward you." I whisper so his family doesn't hear.

He tenses up. "I'll be good." He says.

"Axl, Y/N, Sue, Brick. Here. Put these on so we can get a picture." Frankie says, handing us each Santa hats. Axl starts to say something snarky, but I intervene by elbowing his side. He grunts in pain.

"Damn." He whispers through clenched teeth.

"Be good, asshole, and enjoy the holidays." I say.

Word count- 383

If you guys haven't seen The Middle, I definitely recommend you do. It's about a family who lives in Indiana, and I just think it's hilarious sometimes.

Sorry I'm later than usual. I had practice earlier than usual, so that messed up my day. Then, I had to study for finals. Thank you for your patience.

XoXo,
RK