Chapter Eighty-Five

Kai's Pov

"There's no way you can perform tonight." Ariana sighed.

It was the afternoon of our third concert back, and here I was, arguing with my friends, Scooter and even a few of the dancers.

"I'm fine, I've performed in worse conditions." I said, for the hundredth time.

"Yes well you weren't the one holding your hair up last night while you threw up."

"I agree with Ari on this one. You were barely able to finish rehearsals today." Pete added.

"As much as I agree with Ari and Pete, if she says she can, then she can. But if anything gets worse, no show and we'll take you to the hospital." Scooter finally said, after all day of arguing. "Everyone can get to work!" He announced happily, probably going to go take his lunch.

Except Pete or Ari hadn't let me off yet.

"Do you think Billie would agree with you performing tonight if she was here? I can see right through you right now, I don't think you can make it." Pete scoffed.

"Billie doesn't seem to know what she wants lately," I shrugged, "As much as you two disagree, I'm still performing tonight. I'm not letting anyone down."

"Kai—"

"No Ari, that's all." I said, walking away to go make myself more useful somewhere else. I had to admit that lately my body had been feeling different than usual, sick even. It was no big deal though, I was probably just sick.

Things were changing. I didn't talk to Billie as much as I used to since she remained busy with work, which I completely understood. In fact, it didn't matter to me and neither did seeing her with Q. I was kinda going through everything alone. The only reason Ari knew how sick I'd been feeling was because we had to share a hotel room. Apparently, someone figured out that I was checked in under Hailey Adams, so everyone immediately had to find another hotel.

Instead of going to vocal warmups, like I normally would've, I was called for fitting to see what I would wear on stage.

I appreciated the fact that Lauren and Victoria brought Jaguar on tour, we even bought a portable crib which always went in my dressing room whenever we flew to a new tour location. Right now though, Lauren held her in her arms, as I ran through some outfits for tour.

"I like that one the best, it makes you look badass." Lauren said, after outfit #4.

"You think so? It's really hard picking an outfit because me and Ariana are so different."

"You're over thinking it." Lauren chuckled, handing me Jaguar, so she could grab clothes from each pile. "Boom, white jeans, a white crewneck and maybe your vans. That'll match Ari."

"Yeah, let's go with that."

"Pete told me about what happened last night. You sure you okay to perform?" Lauren asked, getting a bit more serious.

"Of course."

I placed Jaguar in her crib, as Lauren took a seat on the couch.

"So, how are you and Billie?"

"Is there even a me and Billie anymore?" I sighed, taking a seat next to her.

"I'm sure it is but even if it isn't, there is always gonna be a you and Ariana." Lauren said. "Even though Ari has made her mistakes, she's better and I know she is."

"What are you saying?"

"You need to open your eyes, bub. You only got with Billie because you both were vulnerable, now that you both are healed and in the studio, it's like you guys are just friends. But with Ari, you always loved her. I do think you love Billie, but I know you love Ariana more."