Chapter One-Hundred & Five

a/n: this chapter is 4000 words full of wedding stuff so if you're not interested, skip:) chapter 106 coming soon

also i thought a ceremony would be cute so i added one. i didnt include any details about the wedding theme/colors because i wanted to leave that up to you. whether you based it off her real wedding or your dream wedding

Kai's Pov

"Okay, everyone please take a seat!" Scott announced, seen as he would be the one marrying us. Weirdly enough, he was a wedding officiant.

"Family, friends, others who are not quite sure why they're here, welcome! Ariana and Kai have requested a short wedding ceremony and I don't want to disappoint, so let's not waste time. It's supposed to be a tradition for the officiant, me, to give a speech about love and commitment and two hearts becoming one, which is medically speaking extremely dangerous, but in the interest of time let me just say: Love, compassion, friendship, playfulness, kindness, stuff like that. Try your best to do all those things as much as you can. And now let's zoom past all the boring stuff and get right to the 'I do' part.

Ariana Grande Butera, do you want Kai Grey as your wife, to cherish and hold and all the other things they say in the movies?"

She laughed slightly, facing me as tears tried their hardest not to fall. "I do,"

"And Kai Grey...do you take Ariana Grande Butera as your wife, to cherish, hold, and love?"

I sniffed slightly, holding the same smile. "I do,"

"Present the rings...quick before they depreciate in value even more!" He said as Brian rushed to bring them over.

This would be my first time taking a look at the ring she designed for me, and from what I could see, it was beautiful. I was never big on wedding rings, but this one? I was utterly in love with, and I'm sure she realized this by now, as she examined my face, while Scott spoke.

I hoped she loved hers, I was stressing about getting it shipped from California to here since Billie still had it, but it came safely and on time.

"Rings are circles, so are donuts, hula hoops, and trampolines. What I'm trying to say is let these rings, not only be a symbol of your love for one another but also a reminder to be sweet, have fun and make sure to jump on trampolines every once in a while, together." He turned to me, "If it's okay with you, I want you to read your vows to Ariana now,"

I nodded, taking a small breath. "Ariana, I feel overwhelmingly lucky to be marrying you. Thank you for always accepting me for who I am. Thank you for knowing that I've fought everyone that tried to put me in a dress since I could walk and allowing me to express myself the way I wanted to. Thank you for loving me in a suit. Thank you for always supporting and loving me, unconditionally, I know I haven't always made that easy. I love that you always love everyone around you to the best of your ability, no matter what. I know on that fact alone, you're gonna make an amazing mother to our kids someday. When I am with you, I am the best version of myself because I am utterly and unapologetically myself. I vow to continuously work on myself and to be the wife you want and deserve. I vow to love you, always. I vow to always do my best and to always support you through everything. I love you, Ari, forever and always."

"Ari's two seconds away from balling, so let's move onto her vows before her makeup gets ruined," Scott chuckled, while everyone let out a small laugh, knowing he was right.

"I know you know me better than anyone in the world because you understand me like no other. Ever since we were kids, your eyes and your smile were always able to get through to me somehow, even on my worse days. And although it took me years to finally realize I was in love with you, I remember wanting to have and sometimes make, reasons to talk to you. I love that we started as friends before anything else. That's my favorite part about us. You truly saw me. You understand me, accept me, in a way no one else has, in a way that I believe no one else can. You are my best friend... I'm so grateful to have called you my best friend, girlfriend, fiancé, soulmate, and now wife. The way we do things signifies a special, profound, unfettered love for each other. It's loving each other at our most intimate, vulnerable times. It colors our tapestry with yet unnamed, exotic colors, known only to the two of us. I've never been more in love with someone... ever, I'm forever grateful for you my love,"