Chapter Three

ariana's pov

"Babe," Mikey said, entering the room. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I replied, still cuddled up to Smallz. He slapped his face in frustration.

"What the fuck has got you like this? You've been all sad and shit, we've done nothing but just sit in the house all day."

"If it's such a problem, get the fuck out then." Before words could even come out of his mouth, a loud slap was placed on my cheek.

"That's what the fuck you get," Mikey said, walking away.

As tears threatened to come down, I grabbed my car keys and drove to Kai's house. "C'mon Kai..." I mumbled waiting for her to open the door. It was pretty cold outside and all I had was an oversized hoodie. After about five more minutes, the door opened, and Zoey looked like she either got ran over or was getting busy.

"Are you going to speak?" She rudely asked. "I have things to get back to."

"Where's Kai?"

"In bed." She shrugged and then proceeded to close the door so that it was just me and her outside. "Listen, I know you fucking like her, but stay the fuck away from her, or I'll make sure Mikey beats Kai's ass too."

"You wouldn't fucking dare."

"You wouldn't either." She said smirking and going inside Kai's home. As I started to walk back to my car, I realized that today was a Tuesday. Kai couldn't have been at home, she goes to the gym and grocery store on Tuesdays after her interviews.

So who was Zoey with?

Wait, Zoey...I heard that name before, but where? Shit. The girl who Pete cheated on me with! That was her! But that doesn't make sense. Pete literally called me the other night about how much he and Zoey were in love. She was cheating on my fucking best friend...so the first thing I did was call Kai as I started to drive back from her house.

"Hello? Hey Ari,"

"Are you home?"

"No, why?"

"I came by because I needed you for something and Zoey said you were in bed, so I just called to see if you were busy."

"No, um actually, I really wasn't doing anything, but I could come by your house."

"No! No! Let's get a hotel."

"Just to hang out?"

"Oops, I meant I have a hotel! Right."

"You're in LA, right? You have a home you can stay in Ari...not even just that you have my home too."

"I know, I know. I just missed being in a hotel."

"Okay...I'll see you in a bit, we can just meet at mine. Hopefully, Zoey will be gone by then and we can make cookies and watch Harry Potter, your favorite."

***

kai's pov

As I hung up the phone, I grabbed my bagged groceries and I was heading out of the grocery store. Oh shit, I need to call Zoey. Just to make sure she's gone. I quickly took out my phone and dialed my girl-friend's number. I felt like I had to make sure that no one thought she really was my girlfriend.