Chapter Sixty

Kai's Pov

Flying home was the hardest thing to do right now. All flights were booked, there were no private jets available, and there was no way I was gonna get to Ari fast enough. "Hey calm down," Lauren said, slowing me down from packing. I had been struggling to pack for which felt like hours but was only a couple of minutes. I knew Ariana hated hospitals and I didn't want her to wake up and the first thing she was met with was a hospital all by her self with a crying Victoria. This hadn't happened in a long time, so this threw me completely off guard.

I shot my green eyed friend a glare, "Lauren, I have to go!"

"I know. And I'll go with you, we just have to figure this all out," Lauren sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Just worry about packing right now, I'll get us to New York,"

"Lauren—"

"Don't," And she walked away with that.

In the midst of me packing, I realized none of this stuff really meant shit to me. Designer shirts, were replaceable, so was the jewelry, accessories and shoes. I could have someone fly me my stuff later, and honestly, fuck the clothes, Ari mattered more. Instead of packing, I called Victoria for a check in with her. I was worried about her as well, and hadn't heard from her in so long, and she was the one who called 911, so I only could imagine how she felt seeing Ariana like that.

"H—Hello?" She answered, sounding like she had done nothing but cried.

"Hey Vic, I'm trying to get to New York now, are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. I should've seen this coming. I witnessed Ari having a panic attack the other night, I just didn't think it would get this bad and— and—"

"Vic, it's fine. You didn't know. Don't blame yourself. Does any of Ariana's family know?"

"I didn't tell them yet,"

"Good, the Grande's have enough stress. When Ariana wakes up, we'll decide from there if we want to tell them. I just don't want everyone worried or frustrated. And I know Ariana hates when people worry about her a lot sometimes, especially after something like this,"

"T—True,"

"Any of her friend's know?"

"No. I didn't wanna tell them,"

"Hang tight Vic, I'm gonna get there as soon as I can with a 5 hour flight,"

"T—Thanks,"

"Call if you need anything," I said hanging up.

"Good news!" I heard from the hotel room kitchen. "I have a friend who's a pilot, he can get us to New York!"

"In how long?"

"He's on his way to pick us up. I talked to our management while we're at it. Of course, they were upset that we let so many people down, but they understand the severity of the situation. I'm pretty sure tour is pushed back for you guys,"

"Fuck tour right now, Laur." I snapped, not meaning to come off so harsh. That didn't phase Lauren though, she knew me and she understood I was going through a lot of stress.