Chapter Twenty-Three

ariana's pov

It was a week since Kai left and I spent most of my time either in my bed or debating if I should text her. Of course my friends always tired to get me go to some show or the club, but I didn't even have the energy to get up. I just wanted to talk to Kai. Or at least know that she forgave me.

My door opened, "Hey lazy bitch!" Courtney shouted jumping on my bed. "Court-"

"So I have some bad and good news Grande." She said. "Bad first." She grabbed her phone out of her pocket, and she went to instagram. "You see that?" She pointed out, it was a picture of Kai walking down the street, wearing Nick's ring. "What the fuck! Why are they even bothering her?" I said madly. "It's the bad side of being famous. But that's not all Ari." Courtney said, "Open twitter."

I unlocked my phone and headed straight to twitter.

@petedavidson - Did Ariana and Kai break up😂? Kai just leaves Ariana all the time that's her gf😂 I would never😂. @arianagrande @kaigrey

@ShawnMendes - Is that a engagement ring we see😁😲❤️? #GG2 @arianagrande @kaigrey

"Pete was just a fucking jerk. And imagine what Kai's gonna do this when she sees this." I said to Courtney.

"Umm.... She just retweeted." Courtney said. "Go look."

@kaigrey - you guys are talking about breaking up. that's my wife wtf. no engagement rings.

replying to @KaiGrey
@arianagrande forever🤍
@KaiGrey coming home some babe.

"Soooo...." Courtney smirked at me, "What are you going to do?" I gave her a confused look and out my phone down.

"About?"

"Her coming home?" Courtney laughed. "Why not a surprise party?" I gave her a confused look. "Don't give me that look Grande. When's the last time either of you been to a party?"

"Umm....."

"My point exactly." Courtney smiled.

kai's pov

I spent my week with the Jonas's, of course they let me sleep in Nick's room, and I would be going home tomorrow, which I was sad about. Kevin and Danielle flew in to see me, along with Valentina and Alena, who still very cutely, called me Aunt Kai. Joe and Sophie as well as Frankie, so it was all of the Jonases.

"I see Nick in you a lot." Joe said, as we all sat in the living room, all together. "You remind me of him a lot."

"I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't notice that." Papa K said smiling at me. "We had forgotten to ask, but why the sudden visit? You and Ari get engaged?" He said smirking.

I smiled at the mention of her name. "No, no. I had gotten a ring in the mail. Nick had someone make a custom engagement ring for me. With a letter, and I found out, he was supposed to propose the day he died." I said, with my voice saddening.

"We helped him." Kevin said smiling with his eyes watering. "Me and Joe set up at an arena, he wanted to do a special performance for you and then propose on stage."

"Me and Soph, helped him with the invites, outfit and general idea. But he knew what he wanted to do already, so we just helped guide him on how. He wanted to be so different than how he did to Priyanka. Cause you were so much more special to
him." Danielle smiled at me.