Chapter Forty-Nine

Kai's Pov

"Kai! Dalton! What the hell?" Brian said in frustration. All the dancers gave us glares once again, we had been practicing for hours and us two seemed to keep fucking up.

"Fuck, I'm sorry." I apologized once again.

Dalton scoffed, "This wouldn't be a problem if elbows here would actually do the dance and focus less on trying to make a fool out of us."

"No, it wouldn't be a problem if you didn't go fuck other people's girlfriend's." I turned towards him.

"You should've heard her screaming m—"

Before Dalton could even finish his sentence, I already felt people pulling me back because I started to swing at him. "Baby! Stop!" I heard Ariana yelling in the background, but that didn't do anything because my mind went blank, all I could think about was Ariana screaming his name. As well as me, Dalton was being held back too, clearly just as mad at me. The room as hectic as everyone pulled us apart from each other, with yelling and pulling all over.

"Everyone take 5," Scott yelled, as they pulled me out of one door and Dalton out of the other. All five of the dancers who held me back, put me in my dressing room before closing me in. I was pissed. Do you even understand how fucking hard it is to face the guy your girlfriend cheated on you with everyday? Ariana didn't even follow me back into mu dressing room, she was probably with fucking Dalton.

"Who the fuck is it?" I yelled after hearing the door, being knocked on. Without replying, the door opened, to not Ariana, but Camila.

"Hey.. I came to check up on you." She said shyly.

"Thank you, I'm fine."

"Dalton's a dick." She laughed, "I saw the whole thing."

I rolled my eyes, "I know right! And I purposely get placed by him,"

"Well...." She smiled, "I do need help with some of the Romance choreography. As long as you have GG's choreography memorized, you can be my partner and get placed with us instead."

"Thank you, Mila." I smiled, along with her.

"I told you I loved you didn't I?" She said, "You don't have to thank me."

"I do. You've been there for me this whole time, and I've been a jerk. I'm taking you out for pizza during lunch break."

"Y—"

"Nope. Too bad. You're going." I grinned. "But, I've been meaning to ask you, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just— I don't know." She said taking a seat on the couch with me.

"About what?"

"Me and Shawn are over, Kai. I needed to get myself together. I have family issues going on, and my management expects me to do a lot right now. I'm just so fucking stressed." She sighed. "I—"

"Break over! Dancers we need you!" I heard someone yell.

"Of course, and something interrupts us. Again. See you at lunch though." She said, giving a half smile as she got up to leave.

"Camila— wait!" I said.

"No, I'm tired of doing just that." And with that, she walked out. Camila was complicated now. She always was, but that was what always drew me towards her. I liked being able to learn more things about her as the months went on, I was drawn to her, but after realizing how much pain she endured because of me, I felt bad. I didn't blame her for not wanting to be in a relationship while everything was going on. I would've needed a break too.

Before I could even leave, Ariana busted through the doors, locking them behind her. "I'm so fucking sorry, I had to work with Scott and Brian to figure out how we were gonna make this work, I swear. I know how stressful and irritating this shit must be, but fuck Dalton." She said, quickly. I smiled, it was cute hearing her rant.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me." I nodded.

"I love you," She mumbled in my neck as she sat on my lap.

"I love you too,"

"What were you doing while I was with the twins?"

"Talking to Camila honestly, she's going through a lot at the moment." I shrugged.

"Oh." Was all she said.

I sighed, "Well, I have to get back to dancing. And apologize to everyone, again."

"Do you have to go?" She frowned.

"Yes baby, but I'll see you after tonight's show."

"What about lunch?"

"I'm getting pizza with Camila,"

She giggled, "Baby, you know Courtney is gonna kill you for getting pizza without her. Count Courtney, Victoria, Pete and I in."

I laughed, "True,"

Ariana's Pov

Hours had passed, and I was testing the mic's for tonight's show. I was excited to finally be able to perform. The show was 3 hours long, and as long as it sounded, it really wasn't that bad. For the people who liked to be early, we would start the show at 9. Pete would do some of his jokes, and skits to 9:30, then Camila would perform a couple of her songs off "Romance." until like 10:30, which would Normani perform a couple of her singles until 11. And from 11-12 was of course, me and my girlfriend's time to shine. Then from then on, we would do some meet and greets.

"Hi, bitch!" I heard someone yell from the audience as I continued to do sound check. I squinted, looking for who it was, because guess who didn't have their glasses? Me! "It's Courtney, you blind hoe."

"Fuck you," I laughed.

I watched as Courtney ran her way to the stage from the audience. Once she finally got on stage, she walked up to me with a smirk, like she had an idea of some sort.

"What the hell do you have planned?" I laughed.

She smiled once again, "Me, Victoria and Petey boy, are pranking Dalton tonight."

"And how are you planning to do that?"

"Oh, you'll see." She said.

"Well can you do that after I surprise my girlfriend?" I heard, making me turn my head around. Of course, it was my smiling, happy, Dummy.

"Surprise me with what?"

"That's for us to know, and you to find out," Courtney joined in with a smirk, high fiving my girlfriend.

"Mhm," I groaned.

"Anyways, we better start getting ready. It's 3, which means almost lunch time!" Kai yelled. "Pizza time bitches. On me!"

a/n: hi. ik everyones like "wtf she did an update two days ago, one a couple of hours ago and one now" im shocked too😭 i was just bored and decided why not. but here are some questions for you guys:

1. what do you think the prank is gonna be😅?

2. what do you think kai is surprising ariana with😯?

3. everyone's grabbing pizza at lunch! who should they run into😏?