Chapter Twenty-Eight

ariana's pov

Today was the day of the trip, with me and Kai's family. Everyone was here already, all of us in the living room laughing and joking around with the conversation being about high school stories. Snacks, bags, people, were everywhere in the living room.

There was Mama, Nonna, Frankie, Hale, Taylor, Courtney, Aria, Maia, Victoria, Kai's twin (triplet?) brothers, Justin and Noah their girlfriend's Layla and Jasmine, her older sister Olivia, her husband Gio and daughter Willow, younger sister Veronica, her boyfriend Jay and of course her parents, Brian and Scott, Alexa, Doug, Scooter (his wife and kids) and lastly my Dad.

There was 31 of us so we split into 3 planes and then everyone picked their condos.  That was really all the explaining we would have to do, until we waited for our planes. "Once last thing." Kai said checking her phone for time. "It's 12 am right now, my plane leaves at 3 am because me and Ari wanna have everything situated before you guys get there. Everyone else, you leave at 6 am."

Eventually the group decided everyone was hungry, so we stopped at an iHop. Me and my beautiful girlfriend, decided to sit with our parents and Nonna. Good thing, nobody was there, I really didn't feel like being bombarded by the whole world. But that's the down side of being a family mixed with, singers, NBA players, Youtubers, influencers, you get the gist.

"So when are you guys thinking about tying the knot?" Mum said. Mum was Kai's Mom, it's what I called her. When I was really little, I liked pretending to be British with a strong accent. Kai's Mom was really good at different accents, so I stuck with calling her Mum and we always walked around the house using our little British accents, which I love. I called Kai's Dad, Papa, just cause.

Kai blushed at the question. "Relax Mom, we haven't even made our first year yet."

"I never liked any of Ari's boyfriend's." Nonna said with no hesitation.

"I know right." Kai agreed.

"I second that." My Dad said right after Kai.

"You guys double teaming up on me, not fair." I said playfully. "It's alright Ari, I didn't like that boy Darren." Mum added, with a disgusted tone.

"What was so bad about Darren!" Kai exclaimed.

"He was so desperate." Papa stated. "Ari is the only one I like you with."

"Dad that's because you've known her for 26 years." Kai pointed out, causing the table to laugh. "I remember when you guys were babies-"

"Hi, I'm West, your waiter for tonight. Can I get you started on drinks or are you ready to order?" He asked, cutting Nonna off.

"I'll take Orange Juice." Papa replied first. "Make that two." Mum added as well. "I'm sure me, Eddie and Nonna will take a coffee." Mama said, "You know me well, Joan." My father added with a smile.

"You two ladies?" West said to me and Kai.

"Cranberry juice, you babe?" Kai asked me. "Lemonade."

"Ready to order?"

"No give us a minute." Papa said.

"Cool." West said walking away with our orders.

"What I was trying to say before I was interrupted, was do you guys remember how Ari and Kai were as babies?" Nonna smiled.

All the parents gave a reminiscent "Awww"

"What did we do?" Kai said in a tone which was just as confused as me.

"You guys slept in the same crib and everything all the time. We would take turns with you two. Kai would even leave her twin brothers. And if you guys were separated, you threw fits all night." Nonna smiled.

"You guys used to not allow each other to have friends, because you were besties and 'didn't need any other friends'" Papa said in quotes.

"You guys used to wreck the house as well." Mama chuckled. "It wasn't that surprising, you guys ended up together."

"I didn't notice we did that. But we've honestly moved fast into our relationship." I said smiling, I turned my head to the side with the moon tattoo.

"No fu- way!" Kai yelled excitedly.

"What happened?" Mum asked confused.

"I got a 'K' inside of the moon." I said.

"You know, you guys could speed up the wedding, I want to be alive for it." Nonna said. Kai smirked toward Nonna. "Of course. Soon."

West came back 10 minutes later with our drinks. "Ready to order?"

"Yes. Can I have your vegan omelet?" Mama asked.

"A stack of strawberry banana carrot pancakes for me." Dad added.

"Vegan avocado toast with a bowl of fruit." Nonna said.

"Steak omelet please with a stack of pancakes." Papa chimed in. "Make that two." Mum said.

"Can I get a stack of pan- nevermind, just a bowl of fruit." Kai shrugged. That was weird, when does she ever turn down food?

"I would also like a vegan omelet." I told the young waiter. He started to walk away, when Kai called him. "On one of the omelet's no tomatoes!"

"Oh fuck! Thank you baby." I said, completely forgetting I was allergic to tomatoes.

"An italian woman allergic to tomatoes?" Kai laughed.

All 35 of us left iHop at around 2:30 am. All of us who were on plane 5 left the group to head to the airport. "Hey baby." I said to my girlfriend, as we drove to the airport.

"Hey." She smiled sleepily.

"You okay?" I asked in a concerning tone. "Hmm.. no. I don't like going all the way to Bora Bora, I hate seeing my family who I rarely see, I hate my girlfriend's amazing family and I hate my perfect sexy girlfriend. So no, I am not okay." She said with sarcasm.

I roll my eyes with a smile. "For real babe."

"Yes baby. Let's enjoy this vacation." I didn't push it any farther since I knew she beat me on this one.

The flight was long but we made it. "Just take them to the hotel." Kai told the driver as soon as we made it out of the private airport. "I have some stuff to do."

"Like what?" I asked for she got out of the car, with a hint of attitude in my voice. I wanted my girlfriend with me! I am tried and I need her to sleep. But I had my friends which was okay, even though, I was basically third- no fuck that like seventh wheeling.

"Just.... stuff, that's the best I can describe it. I'll explain later... but bye babe, bye guys, be safe, love you guys, see you in like an hour." She said leaving the car without another word, and headed into a different car. As soon as we started driving to the hotel, my phone vibrated from a text.

464-243-7970: Hey Ari! Sorry for the unexpected text. I'm Dalton a friend of Scooter's, maybe we could grab coffee and talk?

me: um hey... this is weird... i dont normally meet up with strangers but maybe scooter could introduce us

464-243-7970: Okay sounds great!

I shrugged off the text. He sounds weird, a little too happy, but the only text I wanted was from my girlfriend, who at the moment was somewhere where I wasn't, sadly.