Chapter Two

kai's pov

News had broke out that Ariana and Pete were broken up and I barely had seen Ariana since what happened after the breakup. The breakup was pretty messy and I didn't wanna complicate things after our hookup, so there was some distance between us.

flashback (ariana's pov)

The awards show was getting to be boring honestly and I was ready to go home. Pete had his arms around me, while we watched from our seats earlier, but now he was too distracted with everyone else. Unknown to everyone else, he was starting to irritate me, considering he knew I wanted to leave but he was too caught up in all the attention we were receiving from our recent and unexpected engagement.

"Pete, let's go." I slyly whispered in his ear.

"Ariana, give me a few more minutes." He said rolling his eyes.

As he continued to socialize, a girl came up to us. I didn't know who she was, but she had brown hair with green eyes, flashing a short mini dress.

When Pete realized she was there, I noticed his eyes got bigger and he immediately tried to walk away, almost leaving me behind. Only, I took this as my opportunity to be petty back.

"Pete, wait a few more minutes, someone wants to speak to you," I said gesturing to this woman.

"Thank you." She smiled, but her eyes darted toward Pete.

"So um, Zoey, hey," He nervously said, scratching the back of his neck.

So he knew her name.

"Don't fucking 'Hey' me! You told me that she was your cousin." When I realized she was me, I stepped slightly back from Pete.

"Ariana you're believing this shit?" Pete asked me, turning away from the woman.

Before I could answer, Zoey spoke instead, "You were with me the week you got engaged and the week after. You told her you were with friends and doing interviews. And I know this because she was blowing up your fucking phone to check your fucking safety. You had a beautiful and amazing fiancée, who probably really loved you, but I really hope she leaves you." Zoey scoffed, walking away.

Pete stood there in complete shock. "Ari—"

"Don't. It's a good thing we never moved in together or else right now, I'd be telling you to get the fuck out of my house. Here's your ring back." I smiled and threw it on the floor.

This gained a lot of attention from almost everyone and I hoped he enjoyed it. I knew Pete regretted not leaving like I asked him to earlier, but I was okay with that, he was a fucking jerk.

I guess I couldn't be as mad if I cheated too, but he did it multiple times and never regretted it. I did it once and I was ready to break up with him because I had felt so bad.

I didn't know what to do while everyone looked around at me, so I did the first thing that came to mind, which was to call Kai.

"Ariana?"

"You were sleeping?" I asked.

"Mmm, yeah...what's wrong?"

"Can you meet? It's an emergency."

"Of course. Where are you?" She said, sounding more attentive.

"I'm heading to my hotel room right now,"

"I'll be there in thirty, should I stay on the phone or do you—"

"Stay."

Even though it was quiet for the next few minutes, just simply having her there, I felt better about how tonight was going. Eventually, I made it back to my hotel room with my heels in hand, deciding to hang up since I got it. Around five minutes later, it was a knock at my door.