Chapter Eighty-Three

Ariana's Pov

Last night was fun, being able to celebrate the end of the European leg and also Kai's engagement I guess. No one got any sleep since flights were at 4 am and we'd already stayed up until 3 am watching different Christmas movies such as the Home Alone's and Elf. But the next morning was less hectic than I expected it to me. More than half of us had a private flight to LA while the few that didn't, got on another private flight paid for by Kai to get them home. This year, Kai agreed she would be throwing Christmas at hers, which meant the usual December 23rd to January 3rd stay since tour began on January 4th.

Instead of everyone traveling back home when we landed at 7 pm LA time, we all slept over at Kai's. Pete and Courtney took the couches while Lauren, Victoria and I took a few of the guest rooms. Courtney and Pete were too tired to get to a room. Because of the jet lag, I was up at five doing some work on my laptop in the kitchen, when I heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Oh fuck, you scared me," Billie said.

"Sorry," I giggled, "For you and Kai to be so alike, I would never expect you to be up this early,"

"I'm not usually, trust me," She smiled, "I have a few tests that need to be done at the hospital,"

"Would you like me to come? Kai isn't woke and going to the hospital by yourself fucking sucks," I said.

She hesitated, "Uh, well... I would, it's just these aren't regular tests,"

"What do you mean?"

"I'll meet you in my car," She said, hinting that it was mist likely private.

I closed my laptop, grabbing a pair of leggings, a crewneck and some shoes before placing my messy hair in a bun and meeting Billie in her car.

"Well, the tests are to let me know if I'm pregnant or not." She confessed nervously.

My heart dropped, there was no way.

"Congrats then. With Kai being my best friend, she's always wanted kids. She'll be more happy than you," I said giving a fake smile.

"That's the thing. She doesn't know about it,"

"The only way that would be possible is if, well you cheated," I said slowly.

"I haven't, I swear. I don't understand how I could be." She sighed.

"Bub look, it'll all be figured out, no need to stress. I'm sure the tests were done wrong and this is a misunderstanding. And even if it isn't, no matter how crazy it sounds, Kai trusts you." I reassured her, embracing her in a hug.

After the tests and appointment, we just found out that it was a misunderstanding and Billie wasn't pregnant. Apparently the software was out dated.

Kai's Pov

I woke up around seven am to an empty bed, which was weird since Billie never woke up early. I never didn't either, but I was jet lagged. I figured she probably got a call from her management and had to take care of something last minute so I just showered and got myself ready for the day while everyone downstairs remained sleep.

My friends promised to help me decorate my house for Christmas considering the amount of people that would be coming.

• My parents

• My siblings (6)

• Ari's parents

• Frankie

• Hale

• Nonna

• Chloe & Maya