Chapter Ninety-Six

Kai's Pov

"So, is that it?" Billie asked, picking up food with her chopsticks.

"I don't know, honestly. But seeing this only makes shit worse," I sighed, looking down at the ring.

"I'll hold it," She said, looking up at me. "So you don't have to see it anymore,"

I chuckled, suppressing tears. "Eight minus one, didn't deserve you,"

She laughed, almost spitting out her drink. "'Eight minus one,' that shit's genius."

"Thank your fans," I smiled, as she took the ring from my hand. I noticed she still kept her engagement ring on, along with her other rings.

Her laughter died down as her eyes followed mine, as we both looked down at our hands. "Yeah, I still keep it on. I didn't think you would though,"

"Well, yeah... I guess it's a symbol of friendship now..." I stammered, my eyes moving down to her lips.

She bit her lip, maintaining eye contact with me. "Is--is this even a friendship anymore?" Before we were able to close the gap in between us, Billie's phone went off.

"Shit," She whispered, answering the call. "I'm with Kai, we went out for food, why? I'll be up on time Finneas, fuck. Alright, yeah... love you too,"

"Is this the wrong time to say they forgot my sweet and sour sauce?" I smiled, Billie blushed rolling her eyes as she started Dragon back up.

"No, it isn't. 'Cause they forgot mine too," She chuckled, starting to drive in the direction of the restaurant we'd just ordered from. "Hostage reminds me of us," She said out of the blue, filling up the cars silence.

I smiled, thinking of a joke, "Are you saying you want to kidnap me, William?"

"If that means being alone with you, then yeah,"

I ended up rooming with Billie for the remainder of the night, taking the couch as she slept on the bed. I didn't wanna think about the repercussions of tonight right now, I just wanted to live in the moment and take it step by step. I wanted nothing more than to call Lauren, Pete or Jade, and get advice, but they were all out of the question.

I couldn't go to Billie for obvious reasons.

I woke up to the front door being unlocked, and of course it was Finneas with the biggest smile on his face, "Oh, so that's why you're not on time," He chuckled, eyeing both Billie and I.

"Get out," Billie groaned into her pillow.

"You're right, I should get going." I chuckled, walking over to grab my shoes.

"Wait, I wasn't implying that--"

"-I know, I just have to get ready for later. I promised Ariana I would watch the last few hours of rehearsal,"

"See you later then?" Billie asked, sitting up.

"Yep," I smiled, leaving out. Before I could completely leave out, I heard Finneas mutter, "Oh, so she gets you up,"

Along with Billie yelling, "Fuck you,"

Maggie would be so proud.

Once I unlocked the door to Ari's hotel room, I was greeted by two babies and a surprised Frankie instead of Ariana, like I suspected.

"Lwook Chlowe!" Maya smiled, running over as I embraced her.

Frankie clasped his hands together, smiling at the sight of both twins happy to see me. "Aunt Kai! Yay!"