Chapter Eleven

kai's pov

(To keep track of time, they started dating in January, it is now June)

"Baby, remember the time we broke up?" I said, to the brunette who was snuggled on my chest.

"Yeah, worst months of my life." She groaned. "What made you think about it?"

"I realize how happy I am now with you and I just can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Cause if .... you know, didn't die, we would've been split." I said playing with her perfectly manicured fingers.

Flash Back
(March)

"So we want you to do a PR." Scooter said, drinking from his cup, well mug. Ariana was busy tending to some stuff of her own, and I had got a call from Scooter saying it was urgent, so I had something to do whilst my girlfriend did whatever she was doing.

"With who?"

"Nick Jonas. It's good for publicity since you two were already previously spotted together months ago." Scooter explained.

I laughed. "That wouldn't work. Everyone knows I'm with Ari."

"Well we want you guys to stage a break up."

"How? We were just together the other day." I reasoned.

"We'll figure it out. Just talk to Ari about it."

Then a few seconds later, the blonde haired girl opened Scooters office door.

"Speaking of the devil," I smirked. "Hey babe." I said hugging her.

"Well good. Now we can explain this all to her."

"They want me to do a PR with Nick Jonas and stage a breakup between us. It'll be good for publicity." I explained.

"You can't do it." Ari said shrugging.

"Ariana that's not fair. When we were in Maui, did I stop you from going to Ellen to help your publicity?"

"That's different. You're basically dating one of your flings!"

"You had a PR with Mikey!" Now I was starting to get frustrated.

"When we weren't together!" She said raising her voice.

"You make it seem like I'm going to cheat on you!"

"It basically is cheating Kai!"

"It's for fucking publicity." I groaned. "You're being so fucking selfish. Scooter, I'll do the PR. Fuck you Grande." I said walking off.

ariana's pov (two hours later)

"....and then Court, she told Scooter that she would do the PR." I yelled.

After the whole argument in Scooters office, I went home and Kai went wherever she went. I didn't care though because I was still mad at her, just as well as her being mad at me.

"Ari, that is kind of selfish." Courtney said slowly.

"So what do you think I should do?" I groaned.

"For starters, talk to her."

"Maybe we need to break up..." I said, with my eyes watering. "So she can do her PR without causing anything between us."

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Court asked with her eyes softening.

"It isn't what I want, it's what we need."

I grabbed my phone and pressed 'baby🖤'

kai's pov

I was hanging out with Nick, at his place when I was getting a call.

"You should take that." He laughed. "I'll get us some food from down the street."

"Thank you." I smiled. I realized it was Ariana and I answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"I'm breaking up with you." And then the call ended.

I sat in Nick's apartment waiting for him to come back, fighting tears. Like what the fuck? Over call? Really? All those tattoos and rings and everything. I looked at my hand and I started taking off every ring we had together and every ring she gave me, and put them in my pocket.

"Hey!" Nick said opening his apartment door. "I'm back with Pizza!"

"Smells good." I smiled.

He placed down the pizza, and I walked toward him and sat on the island. "Nick?"

"Yeah?" He smiled.

"I want to give us a chance."