Chapter One-Hundred

Ariana's Pov

"Hey, how was your meeting with Scooter?" Kai asked, joining me on the couch. We'd both just gotten home since she went grocery shopping and I spent my afternoon in a meeting with my label. Things actually went pretty well and they weren't too pushy about an album.

"They were actually calm about everything, they think this hiatus is gonna be good for my career since everyone is anticipating my return," I explained, going into more details about it. I left out the part where I told my label I would propose to Kai on our upcoming vacation, for obvious reasons. I felt like now was a good time to do it. We had nothing holding us back and I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

"What about AG8? They didn't push for that either?"

"Baby, it's only been a year since Positions came out,"

"It feels longer than that," She chuckled, laying across my legs.

"Really? Everything feels like it went by fast," It was already November and January felt like it was yesterday.

"I can't believe we're about to be thirty, in two years. I always wanted to be a parent before then, so I wouldn't be an old parent," She said, with a small chuckle.

"I actually just read about some options for pregnancy. I forgot what it's called but we can take your egg and put it inside of me, or vice versa. I think that's something I want to try,"

"Can we make your appointment before our flight?"

"Wait, you're okay with this happening now?" I said excitedly, a bit louder than intended.

She smiled as our eyes met, "Why wait anymore? You've always wanted kids before 30, and I want a future with you, so if that's what you want, let's do it."

"Let's elope in Utah..." I blurted, causing Kai to sit up from my lap. Even Cinnamon was interested, laying across the rug as we continued to talk.

"You don't want a big wedding anymore?"

"Like you said, why wait anymore?"

"Ariana, of course, I'd elope with you. Hell, I'd even marry you in a pilates class, but are you sure this is what you want? You've always wanted a big wedding and I don't want to throw that away."

"Neither of us are talking to our families, Kai. Even if we were, they'd just tell us to wait and think everything through or convince us to have a big wedding. We can always have a wedding, but for now, I just wanna call you my wife,"

"So, it's settled! We're getting married!" Kai beamed, jumping around the living room as if she was nine again. The dogs joined in on her excitement as well, and I thought the whole thing was hilarious, so of course, I filmed it.

A bit after we cooked dinner together, fed our pets, and showered, we were in bed talking about tomorrow's plans.

"I called Dr. Reagan and she was able to squeeze us in for tomorrow, so we'll everything out tomorrow," I said, as my girlfriend and I watched a bit of American Horror Story. I don't think either of us paid much attention to it since we'd been talking this whole time.

"I'm nervous babe, I'm not sure if we have increased chances of triplets because of Justin, Noah, and I. My parents loved me and my brothers, but three babies at once must've been a handful,"

I smiled, disagreeing with her. "That would be cute,"

"Whatever, it sounds nice but it was horrifying," Kai teased, "Do you have a preference on gender?"

"I want a girl," I said, almost instantly. "Most importantly a healthy baby but men are just... so yea. You?"

"Nope, I just want a healthy baby," If it's one thing we learned, life isn't promised. I think that's part of the reason she wanted to jumpstart our future together, because of her near-death experiences.

"Do you think they'll be mad at us? Our families..." I trailed off, meeting her eyes.

She shrugged, wrapping her arms around me and placing a small kiss on my forehead. "Maybe, but who cares? We're finally happy and if that's what it takes, then so be it. Everything will work out in the end, babe."

"I love you," That was all I could muster to say. I loved her more than I could express. Today made life feel so much more real, I was entering another chapter in my life and I could say I was finally where I wanted to be.

I was anticipating Utah, I missed it after all these years. And if I was being honest, this vacation would finally give me the clarity I needed. Did I still want to pursue music? Did I even wanna continue to be in the music scene? I hadn't talked to Kai about this yet, but I knew she'd support me either way. Things were changing in my life, and for the first time, I was wholeheartedly accepting it all.

The next morning came quickly, considering we both anticipated today. Before I knew it, the tests had been run on both Kai and I, and Dr. Reagan was explaining our results.

"Things look fine for the both of you. Depending on where you are with this, either one of you could carry this baby," Dr. Regan smiled, holding onto her clipboard. "We just have a concern with Ms. Grey,"

"What is it?" She consulted before I could.

"Your blood type is O+, and if any complications happen during your pregnancy, it would be hard for us to find you a donor. Ariana here is AB+, so chances would look better in case of any complications," She explained, watching Kai shift in her seat a bit.

Kai turned to me, looking a bit disappointed. "It's up to Ariana if she wants to carry the baby, Dr."

"Of course," I said almost instantly.

Dr. Reagan looked between us both, with a small smile as a nurse joined us as well. "Perfect! Nurse Ashley will get you injected, and Ariana should be on her way to being pregnant. Congratulations, ladies!" She clasped her hands together before embracing us both in a small hug. I loved Dr. Reagan, so it wasn't out of the normal for her to hug us. She was the doctor who always accompanied us on tour, so she was very close to my family and I. It only made sense for her to be the doctor to assist us with our kids.

"Thank you," We both said, a bit after each other. The two stepped out to give us a moment together before proceeding with the process.

"Is it crazy to say I have a list of names already?" She smiled, with a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I've already ordered a lot of nursery stuff, so I don't think it's that crazy," I giggled, feeling my eyes weld up with tears as well.

"You think Toulouse and the rest of the pets will be mad at us? They're sacrificing one of their many playrooms,"

"Not if we bring them back a pup cup,"

She looked at me suspiciously, holding a smirk, "Are you just trying to get me to take you to Starbucks?"

"Mm, maybe," I smiled, placing a kiss on her lips.