Chapter Eighty-Nine

Kai's Pov

Realizing the familiar bright white room, and the beaming lights, it didn't take long for me to realize I was in a hospital room. To my left, I could make it out to be Billie in a hospital bed as well, with her stomach bandaged.

"Oh, fuck you're awake," She rasped out, with her eyes meeting mine.

"Where's the Doctor? I need to get to work soon," I said, trying to sit up but failing.

"The doctor just ran out for something and there's no way you're getting up. You got shot in your shoulder," Following Billie's words, I looked down at my shoulder, which was completely bandaged up along with my arm.

"Wait, what's today?"

"I don't know, I just woke up like an hour ago," She said.

"Oh, good! You've both woken up!" A nurse said, walking inside of the room. "Since you're both up, I can give you guys some updates on everything and clear some confusion."

"Thanks," I nodded, the both of us wanting the nurse to continue.

"No problem. I'm gonna make this quick since you both have family members waiting to see you. From what police know, Billie was shot in her abdomen, and Kai you were shot in your shoulder. Another man was shot in his chest as well, but he's in critical condition for all we know. So we're gonna give you both pain medicine, and you both can leave Tuesday," the nurse smiled.

"No permanent damage or anything like that right?" Billie asked.

"Well, no. We're not able to run tests, but the worst that could happen is organ damage for Billie and Kai's arm could be paralyzed."

"Is there anything we could do to prevent that? Our jobs kinda require us to be a hundred precent," I said.

"I'm afraid not. It's all a waiting process, and considering Billie also bruised a few ribs, it'll be about one to two months until she can perform again. Kai, you'll be able to act in the same amount of time, maybe even sooner if you can manage the pain."

"So what? Everything's on hold?" Billie asked.

"Unfortunately," the nurse sighed. "Would you both like visitors now?"

"Yes, thanks,"

"Uh actually, if I could rest for a while." I said.

"Sure! We'll wheel you to a different room then,"

By the time Billie and I were released from the hospital on Tuesday, the media covered everything that happened, so paparazzi was everywhere. They were outside of Ariana's house, Billie and I's, even our parents and a few of our friends. Lauren couldn't even take little Jaguar for a stroll, because of them. As well as that, everyone had been the best lately, my family took more time off of work, and so did Ariana. The producers of our movie, even postponed filming so my friends from work were here quite frequently.

"You can't choose Mario, that's biased!" Noah said, holding his Wii remote.

Frankie rolled his eyes, "You're literally Luigi,"

"The both of you are arguing over nothing anyways Princess Peach is better," Papa shrugged.

Veronica laughed, "Aren't you in fourth place?"

I chuckled at the small banter, turning to Ari, who was cuddled up against me, as we watched everyone play from the couches. "I can tell this is gonna take a while, do you need anything from the kitchen?" I asked.