Chapter Eighty-Eight

Kai's Pov

Ariana offered to show my family around California, since she knew I had plans with Billie for today, which I would've cancelled them but you don't go swimming alone.

"Hey, did you grab towels?" I yelled to Billie, from her car trunk.

While she was grabbing last minute things in the house, I was loading them in the car. Tiger and Shark were with Maggie and Patrick, so we didn't worry about leaving them alone. "Yeah, they're in the blue bag I think. Did you already pack the snacks?" She said back.

"No, I forgot. They're on the counter, though."

"Okay, well this is everything," Billie said, handing me the cooler full of snacks.

"Good because you're driving."

"One, what does that have to do with anything, and two, I don't even know the way." She laughed.

"You're lucky, I swear." I rolled my eyes, as she held a smirk on her face, dangling her car keys.

The ride was honestly very long but all the laughter and karaoke made time more bearable. I knew Billie was excited that I would finally go surfing with her, since she'd been bugging me about it for months now.

"Hey, are you planning to get any other tattoos?" Billie asked.

We were about twenty minutes away from the beach, now.

"Yep, I have one I've been really wanting to get. Why'd you ask?"

"I think I want to get another one. That shit just hurts though."

I laughed, "You broke your ankle like everyday when you were on tour, I'm surprised that tattoo hurt you."

"That's different because I'm used to it. But speaking of tour, I got my album finalized and after you finish filming, you should join me on tour."

"I mean yeah, I just have to talk it out with Ariana." I shrugged.

"Good, I want at least one groupie," She laughed, causing me to playfully push her.

"Are you sure I'm good to ride that wave?" I yelled to Billie as she paddled on her surfboard. We'd been at the beach for two hours now, and surprisingly, it only took her around thirty minutes to teach me how to surf and after a few minutes of messing with each other in the water, a big wave finally came.

"Uh, yeah. I guess," She yelled back. "On three.. one..  two.. three!"

Riding my first wave was actually pretty cool, until I didn't see the bigger one directly behind the one I just rode, causing me to fall off my board. "2 minutes in and you've already fucked up," Billie laughed, as I drained my hair, pulling my board onto shore.

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? Your board is floating away."

"Wait, how the fuck—" As soon as she turned around, I pushed her back into the water. "I swear I'm gonna kill you," She said, emerging from the water with a smile on her face.

"You have time to do that later, let's go jump off that cliff,"

"So this is what my mom meant about my friends jumping off a cliff." She chuckled.

"Well, are you gonna join me?"

"Duh,"

"Then she was right." I laughed.

"Wait no hold my hand before I jump," Billie said once we made it to the top.

"You're scared of heights?"