Chapter Eighty-One

Kai's Pov

"Wait, repeat that again." I said, putting my fork down.

Pete, Billie, Dalton and a half of the table excused themselves since the table had grown awkward as fuck, and no one said anything.

"Aren't you guys back together? Ari texted me last night about it." Frankie repeated, almost confidently.

"Why the fuck would I text you?" Ariana frowned, "Frankie, you're lying,"

"I swear you did." He handed me his phone as I read the messages. I even double checked the number to make sure.

"Ariana what the hell?" I said.

"I didn't fucking text you. I was with Dalton all night, watching Netflix,"

"It doesn't matter. The shit needs to stop, this is unfair to Billie," I scoffed.

"I don't think it was her. Kai you know she's not a liar," Courtney said in Ari's defense.

"Well, we also know she's been wanting Kai this whole trip," Lauren crossed her arms.

"That doesn't mean she would do something like that."

"How would you know Courtney? We thought she wouldn't cheat but look what happened," Lauren added.

"Lauren, stop." Victoria sighed, calming her girlfriend down. "Look, if it was Ari then it wasn't somebody. Who has your password?"

"Kai, Frankie, Dalton, you, Courtney and my Mom." Ariana stated, "Maybe a few other people but they aren't here,"

"Well if it obviously wasn't Kai, Joan or me, it's down to those people." Victoria said. "I bet it was Dalton."

"He changed!" Ariana said.

"It doesn't matter," I walked away from the table, heading to my dressing room because I assumed that was where Billie would be.

I sat down next to her on the couch, locking the door, as we sat in silence. She just laid on my chest.

"I didn—"

"I know," She said before I could get the rest of my words out. "I'm fine, honestly."

"This shit is so stupid,"

"What if you're getting set up?" She asked.

"Honestly, I don't trust Dalton. I just can't prove he hasn't changed,"

"Wait was he the guy by Ariana?"

"Yeah why?"

"He stopped me in hallway, like we broke up or something,"

"So, do you think Ariana said something to him?"

"I don't know, but honestly we can't honestly overlook that."

"You're right,"

5 Months Later

I swear this was the most hectic week of my life, I hadn't seen Billie in months and her birthday was in two days. Because of a show that I had coming up on her actual birthday, I wouldn't be able to fly out to her. Weirdly enough, Billie had been acting different, almost if she was gonna break up with me or something. I didn't pressure it, I figured she would tell me what was bothering her when she was ready.

Although, I would see Billie in three days unfortunately missing her birthday, but I was planning something big. We agreed she could spend her actual birthday with her family, and I could take her out once I landed.

Victoria also mentioned she had something to tell us, which was worrying because I noticed how stressed, she's been this past week. At least I knew Lauren didn't do anything wrong, they'd been attached to each other all day long.