Chapter Thirty-Four

Ariana's Pov

"So, what happened at Jay's funeral? I wasn't able to go." Jessica asked, digging into her pancakes, as I sat across from her with my girlfriend cooking still. It was around one 1pm, with all of us just waking up. Surprisingly, Kai didn't have a hangover. I reminisced a lot about high school during our conversation. It was weird to think how all of High School, I had this big ass crush on my best friend and refused to believe it. Matt used to tell me all the time, that I liked her. I just refused to believe it. I was always Ariana; the straight (boy only) cheerleader.

"Um... I don't— his parents wanted me to speak, and they wanted me to be the last one to see him." Kai said, as she focused on flipping the pancake. I was proud of her, she made an effort with Jessica and things were going great. Majority of our time eating we all caught up with each other.

"You know, you saved you and Ariana's life." Jessica smiled up at her.

"I didn't." Kai shrugged, sitting down at the table with her food.

"Yes, you did. I know what happened at the car."

"What is she talking about?" I said finally speaking up.

"While you were in the car, Jay asked me if I wanted to take you to his. I said no cause I wanted you home with me so you wouldn't get in trouble." She explained.

I smiled at her, as I noticed her blushing. "Babe, you're literally my little hero." I said giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Let's stop talking about Jay." She said. "What do you guys wanna do today?"

"There's not much. Remember, paparazzi will shit their pants if they see two famous artists and a famous fashion designer." Jessica pointed out. "I say we do a date, somewhere lowkey."

"Jess, you're not third wheeling us." I laughed. We all finished up food and headed to the couch. "Actually, I wouldn't be. My boyfriend is in town."

"Boyfriend?" Kai smirked. "Tell us more!"

"His name is Paxton. He's a photographer, and he is French." She blushed, "Those are the main things. He texted me this morning anyways. He would love to meet you guys."

"Sounds good to me." Kai said in agreement. "Babe?" She asked, for my approval.

"Of course. Text him now, I'll get us into one of the best restaurants." I said, already pulling out my phone to text some of my connections.

"Despite us just eating?" Kai pointed out, as she played with Gino. Gino and Myron stayed with us most of the time, with the other pets usually at my Mom's.

"When do you not have room for pasta?" I smirked at my girlfriend, as Myron found a small spot to cuddle next to me.

"Well fuck, that's true but since you two bottoms are ready, I'm gonna go get myself ready." Kai said, walking upstairs to either our bed or bathroom.

Kai's Pov

I looked at my side of the closet, I had no idea what I was going to wear. I checked my phone, noticing that the weather was 75 degrees, so I should be dressing in shorts or something. I eventually decided on a black shirt, a brownish-nude Burberry cardigan, some white pants, and some Burberry shoes to match. It matched Ari's outfit which was an oversized brownish-nude sweater, some boots to match, a Burberry fanny pack and of course, no pants.

I took a quick shower, putting on all of my clothes and re-brushed my teeth, because I didn't want my breath smelling like vegan pancakes and hot chocolate (yes I was more of a hot chocolate person instead of coffee, unless I was really tired). "Baby, can you hurry your ass up? Paxton is here and we're waiting on you!" I heard Ariana call.